T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have sold men's shirts for a few years now. I actually started out with a home iron and a few transfers from the store, and my home printer lol.

I've always done men's shirts...dabbled in doing stuff for babies (now that I'm a daddy it's just natural), and other odds and ends just for fun. But mostly just basic, men's shirts, with graphic centered...nothing fancy.

Well, now I'm starting to get into the women's end, and that's a whole other bear. Especially since I watched Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt go at it 5 times now, and I still don't know what women want.

Well, I'm only a pretty limited budget, and while I can get away with ordering basic t-shirts and throwing an awesome image on it with men...how's the market with the ladies?

What should my shirt inventory look like? Just a couple different styles and go full out on all colors and sizes? Or widen the range on the styles of shirts I get and limit myself to more popular colors? It also is going to affect the amount of transfers and printing materials I can order, and possible the number of designs I can offer.

Any ideas woud be great.

· Registered
96 Posts
If you are planning on selling shirts that you want women to wear out in public, then be sure to get tshirts that are cut for women. I personally have a ton of great tshirts that I've bought over the years but the men's cut shirts are strictly to sleep in. I won't wear them out because they just look sloppy and I won't pay alot for those shirts since I know they will only be to sleep in, or maybe do gardening or housecleaning. I will even wear promotional shirts out in public if they fit nicely. Oddly enough I do track driving in my car and I convinced one of the sponsors for the last track day at Road Atlanta to do at least a few of the shirts in a women's cut. Even though the design was very masculine and obviously promoting car parts companies and the like he sold out of the women's shirts the first morning. Also, think about the placement of the design in relation to a women's body, I've seen shirts that I knew if I put it on would have some printing in a not flattering position.
Annette

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.