T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to an auction today and ended up winning a Roland GX24 cutter. Up until now I've been just doing transfers and using F&M for my custom needs. Now... I'm wondering what else I need for this. Right now I'm using Illustrator to make my eps files. I think I found the vista 32 bit drivers off their website, but haven't played with anything. Do I need software to change over my eps file to make cuts? Is there something super inexpensive or free? Even a plug in and having to render another layer or something in AI?

I just got this home and wanted to do a little research before I 'tried' anything. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. This is my first cutter. I know Roland's are considered a good brand but how does the gx24 stack up?
thanks

· Registered
251 Posts
It should also come with cutstudio software already, otherwise maybe ask the previous owner about the software.

The cutstudio software is all you need to run the cutter as it will trace the cutlines for you. And of course you can import eps files from illustrator to get cutlines as well.

Oh and I forgot to mention that they cutstudio has plug ins for both Corel Draw and Illustrator. I believe the illustrator plugin adds an additional palette allowing you to also do print and cut applications.

· Registered
279 Posts
So I went to an auction today and ended up winning a Roland GX24 cutter. Up until now I've been just doing transfers and using F&M for my custom needs. Now... I'm wondering what else I need for this. Right now I'm using Illustrator to make my eps files. I think I found the vista 32 bit drivers off their website, but haven't played with anything. Do I need software to change over my eps file to make cuts? Is there something super inexpensive or free? Even a plug in and having to render another layer or something in AI?

I just got this home and wanted to do a little research before I 'tried' anything. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. This is my first cutter. I know Roland's are considered a good brand but how does the gx24 stack up?
thanks
Doc,
Register your machine with us and check out our recorded webinar library for help to get started - Roland Academy Workshops

-Dana

· Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
is there a listing of when there will be more auctions?

I found this auction on craigslist. I've got the app and have embroidery as a search so it will tell me when something new pops up. This was 9 different companies that went bankrupt and the bank had gotten this auction company to house the equipment and do the auction. There were 3 restaurants, the embroidery, a dry cleaner, edible arrangements franchise, a gym with brand new weight machines.

I also picked up a 4x4 screen printing press that's 2 yrs old with a flash dryer. I had to pay more for that at $600, but still what I need for entry level. The Tajimas were really nice and the single head had a hoopmaster setup AND the clamp system. The 6 head had all the hoops but no hoopmaster. The guy who sold them the machines new purchased them so he can sell them used. What's funny or sad was he's in the business and was only there because a guy called him to inquire about the machines and the guy told him where they were.

Rule number 1, NEVER tell anyone about an auction until it's over! If you search around different industrial auction sites you'll eventually find an embroidery shop listed for liquidation. They're few and far between and rarely does anything like this pop up in Atlanta.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.