401 Posts
Nice to see you over here Fred!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Adam, Rodney and Dmonkey,

Always glad to help whenever I can.

To give you a little background about me, I started sublimation printing in 1987, using a Rex Rotary mimeo machine, then went up to a 3M photocopier. I created my own manual printer using electronic stencils and have been heavily involved with sub printing. I got into the digital printing some years ago and I do both sublimation and pigmented heat transfers.

Additionally, I purchased a Roland PC-12 vinyl printer/cutter and am just starting to expand my "horizons".

I have created video CD's which show how to apply sub and pigmented heat transfers, plus step-by-step instructions, which I sell both in Ebay and from the Toonsign website. Mt preference is to teach how to apply heat transfers.

I do prefer not to sell t-shirts, magnets, decals, etc... retail, just work thru fundraising, POD and dealers.... I prefer to wholesale, not retail.

I would be most happy to share what little I know with all of you and anyone else who may have thoughts about heat transfers. I have created a website at http://www.fun-tees.com which helps explain a bit about the different types of heat transfers, inks, printers and such. Just a primer to give future printers a better idea of what to expect and what they may require.

I would like to be able to post various subjects here in the Forum about matters concerning our trade...websites, how to, wholesaleing, POD, etc... I think it may be helpful to those who may be considering not only offering their images thru CP, but also from their own website. Would this be allowed?

Thanks and looking forward to being an active member here.

Fred
http://www.uscolorprint.com

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
toonsign said:
I would like to be able to post various subjects here in the Forum about matters concerning our trade...websites, how to, wholesaleing, POD, etc... I think it may be helpful to those who may be considering not only offering their images thru CP, but also from their own website. Would this be allowed?
Hi Fred, yes this is definitely allowed and welcome (as long as it doesn't turn into an advertisement :) ).

You are welcome to also setup a signature for your posts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great forum. Fair and balanced. I hope we can contribute effectively to the general group. My partner and I have been in Sublimation for over 4 years. We have both been on the supply side of things in both large format and small format piezo printer dye sub printing.

Our current focus in performance apparel. Baisiclly customizable underarmour for lack of a better description. We hope to learn what else the market wants. We are launching a number of items including a sports shirt this quarter.

The feedback we get here should help us deliver quality to the market.

I look forward to speaking with you down the raod.

VaporChris
www.vaporapparel.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts