T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to let this out that I just refunded a troublesome customer who constantly calls about her order 3x a day when our turnaround time is clearly stated on our invoices, estimates, and emails. Plus everytime we tell her when her order will be done, she calls to see how they are "looking." lol sorry we don't have time for people like that.

Just let this be a lesson to other printers, sometimes money isn't worth the troubles customers give.

· Registered
1,557 Posts
Good for you Henry
You are right sometimes money isn't everything. Do people not realize we have enought to do rather than answer the phone all day just to tell them their shirts look good?

Being new I used to take any job I could get and not charge near enough just to please someone but then I realized I can do better. I always get the people wanting 1 shirt with 15 colors for $6.00, (not happening)
I agree there are times when you say I am sorry it isn't working please find someone else that can do it.

Good luck to you, at least one headache out of the way:)

· Registered
5,448 Posts
Yeah...I think a simple answer is your order is in our production schedule and is printed according to that schedule. We will e-mail you and call when we print your order for proofing. I dont like troublesome customers but I think everyone should learn how to handle customers period. I understand getting frustrated with phone calls but laying solid ground work from the start goes a long way in stopping silly phone bothers.
In this economy the idea that there will be another customer to replace this one doesnt build on success. The customer is excited about what you are doing, if you do a good job they are going to share that info with others.

· Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah...I think a simple answer is your order is in our production schedule and is printed according to that schedule. We will e-mail you and call when we print your order for proofing. I dont like troublesome customers but I think everyone should learn how to handle customers period. I understand getting frustrated with phone calls but laying solid ground work from the start goes a long way in stopping silly phone bothers.
In this economy the idea that there will be another customer to replace this one doesnt build on success. The customer is excited about what you are doing, if you do a good job they are going to share that info with others.
There comes a point where it is harassment. She called 11 times yesterday, and I answered her 11 times. She called 3 times this morning before I cancled her order on my behalf.

Her turnaround date was given to her 11 times...Even emailed it to her at the time of order, plus we even have it all over her invoice, emails. And actually three other customers just replaced her in a couple hours lol. She can go bother someone else.

I feel like I lifted a truck off my chest today.

· Registered
334 Posts
That is always tough. 1st time customers are your most expensive and hardest to get. At the same time if you have to deal with the customer for too much time, then the profit your making on the job is not worth it.

I have found that some but not all of the worst customers can never be pleased. You can do flips and handstands and they will never tell anyone how great you are. Then you have the great customer who you thought was going to be a problem, they send you many customers.

I have also told people to go away. It never feels good but sometimes needed.

· Registered
4,170 Posts
Only once have I canceled an order because the woman wouldn't leave me alone. Normally I just explain to them that their order is in good hands, that I appreciate their business but that they are constantly interrupting my work and please do not call back to check the status. Usually this works but one time the lady wouldn't stop calling and it was a small dollar amount so I gave her the boot. Don't be afraid to educate your customers though, ask them to stop calling.

· Registered
103 Posts
I used to make the mistake of allowing customers to come in and watch while were were printing. What a nightmare that can be. I remember having a customer ask me to change the color 14 times before they approved it. Sometimes when there is a tight deadline, customers will ask if they can come in and help. For the most part that is a bad idea. It just makes everyone nervous, and it we always seem to mess up when they are there "helping"

I think having them come in and "hover" over you while printing is worse than the phone calls. With phone calls I have caller ID :)

· Registered
26 Posts
Im so glad Im not the only one!! I just let one go! very annoying!!! an yea Im pretty new so wanted to please!!
first order he just kept adding colors and sizes ect.. and then wanted price quote for 1 color, he called everyday until done! second order was same but called more trying to to get them faster very pushy, then he change # at last min. an wouldn't you know I messed them up!! changed # on front an not the back!! He said that was fine he used both anyway, so I gave them to him!! then three days later he called an said his brother had stole them and he needed more asap!! 15 multiclored imprint on assorted colored shirts in less than a week!
Sometimes you just gotta do it!!

· Registered
5,448 Posts
There comes a point where it is harassment. She called 11 times yesterday, and I answered her 11 times. She called 3 times this morning before I cancled her order on my behalf.

Her turnaround date was given to her 11 times...Even emailed it to her at the time of order, plus we even have it all over her invoice, emails. And actually three other customers just replaced her in a couple hours lol. She can go bother someone else.

I feel like I lifted a truck off my chest today.
Yeah...11 times screams caller ID. I dont blame you for dropping the customer after 14 conversations about the same delivery date.

· Registered
4,170 Posts
I think having them come in and "hover" over you while printing is worse than the phone calls. With phone calls I have caller ID :)
Yeah, when I still worked in a screenprinting shop the owner allowed this woman, an artist, to come in and supervise the production of her shirts which were four color process. It was a nightmare. The shop owner was a terrible, terrible businessman who went bankrupt, got a loan then ran off with the payroll. The guy was a real scumbag. Had great taste in women though, he only hired women who were D cups or better and his office girls were all blue eyed blondes. He also had forgotten more about printing than most of us will ever know, too bad he couldn't make money at it. I think he ran off and opened a new shop in Kansas, IIRC.

· Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am glad this women is out of state, although she is only a couple states from me, I worry she will drive here and slap me! lol

Yeah, customers can be a pain, and very pushy, we seriously will have none of that. (Although we gave her plenty of chances to calm down as I felt bad canceling her order). But sometimes you have to do what you have to do! *I can't imagine letting a customer in the shop while you print!! NOW THAT IS A NIGHTMARE!*

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.