T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Re: 5 Best Practice Tips for creating a successful T-Shirt Website?

Hi Podge, your site is really nice and simple. Your t-shirt design page looks bad in I.E because it throws you off to the right hand side of the page.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
The site isn't bad. The thumbnails of the t-shirt designs are small and a little hard to read. When you click you do get a nice big picture, so that helps.

One thing I didn't like was the graphic that you had to click before getting into the site. Why is that there? It just puts an obstacle between your potential customer and your merchandise. I would get rid of that page. It really doesn't do anything for the site.

·
Registered
369 Posts
yeah the splash page doesnt realy add much to your site.. the small graphics are pixelated and hard to read, and the red hedder isn't very soft on the eyes.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Chan makes a pretty good point ... where do you select the shirt size? :confused: It seems that the product description was overlooked, but everything else looks good.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the feedback, It's still a work in progress and its hard to be objective when you know so much about the t-shirts already.

·
Administrator
14,728 Posts
I too hate splash screens.

Your date is mis-formatted. It is showing September 2008, 9

On the same page, when I click on an image, I expect to be taken to the description page. Instead I just get a blow up of the design. I never could find a description page. I don't know what your shirts are made of. Some of your pictures looks like some of the designs are printed on ribbed material? What sizes do you offer?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I like the site, but I agree the splash page needs to go. It doesn't add much more visual appeal than the actual site since you already have the same logo at the top of the homepage. Plus, the splash page takes away from the search engines reading content on your homepage. If you get rid of it, the browsers will have more information to crawl since there is a chunk of text on your homepage.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I never realised the splash page would be such an issue, most of the t-shirts are a reference to local sports stars and I don't expect to sell those to anybody outside that market. The season is over now so I need to do more to sell to the general public.

·
Registered
584 Posts
You just gotta ask yourself, why am I putting a splash page on the site in the first place?

A lot of people add splash sites when dealing with sites that use Flash. Having a Flash splash page allows you to give the customer some animation to look at while the rest of the content on the page loads.

Some people will add a splash page for branding, but your splash page isn't really offering much more branding than your site already offers.

And others will add a splash page to offer different ways of viewing the page; Click this Link for Firefox Users, This link for IE Users, links for resolution, and so on. But these aren't items you need to worry about where you are at.

What the splash page definently does though, is makes your user click one more time to see your product or get to your store. You want them to go in, find what they're looking for, buy, and leave ready to come back for more. The more clicks that it takes the higher chances of your customer leaving your site out of frustration and/or impatience.

Also as stated previously, losing your splash page will help your Search Engine rankings.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts