T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've just purchased the 7015 Epson brand new from Amazon but it doesn't mention anything about ink coming with it, does anyone know if this will come with ink as standard? If it does are the standard ink carts pigment on this or do I need to buy some + empty carts to use?

I think these are the standard carts
1 Compatible Set of 4 XL Printer Ink Cartridges to replace T1306 (4 Inks) - Black / Cyan / Magenta / Yellow for use in Epson Stylus Office B42WD, BX525WD, BX535WD, BX625FWD, BX630FW, BX635FWD, BX925FWD, BX935FWD, SX525WD, SX535WD, SX620FW & Workforce

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
Hi guys,

I've just purchased the 7015 Epson brand new from Amazon but it doesn't mention anything about ink coming with it, does anyone know if this will come with ink as standard? If it does are the standard ink carts pigment on this or do I need to buy some + empty carts to use?

I think these are the standard carts
1 Compatible Set of 4 XL Printer Ink Cartridges to replace T1306 (4 Inks) - Black / Cyan / Magenta / Yellow for use in Epson Stylus Office B42WD, BX525WD, BX535WD, BX625FWD, BX630FW, BX635FWD, BX925FWD, BX935FWD, SX525WD, SX535WD, SX620FW & Workforce

You get carts with that printer, as with all Epsons. See the attached in the section "what's in the box".

As for the "compatible" carts at your link, doesn't say either way but suggest you confirm those are pigment inks and not dye inks. I would think they are pigments, but if not you don't want to use anything else but pigments for tshirts.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I don't know if there are differences between the US WF7010 and the non-US WF7015, or whether you can easily change the order of those carts, but the carts as pictured will not work in a 7010. (are they separate, or connected as one unit?)

They're in the wrong order. In the 7010 the black is on the left. There is a wide-slot in that position for a high capacity cartridge, though truthfully, of all the colors magenta and cyan go down the fastest for the prints I do.

So you know, if you get these carts and they aren't in the order shown in the label inside the print head compartment, be sure to switch them around to their proper position. I'm guessing this is not an issue as the cartridges are really all independent.

When you get your printer, I'd be interested in knowing two things: 1) The purpose of the extra button to the right of the power button and 2) whether the order of the cartridges is different for a 7015.

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
I don't know if there are differences between the US WF7010 and the non-US WF7015, or whether you can easily change the order of those carts, but the carts as pictured will not work in a 7010. (are they separate, or connected as one unit?)

They're in the wrong order. In the 7010 the black is on the left. There is a wide-slot in that position for a high capacity cartridge, though truthfully, of all the colors magenta and cyan go down the fastest for the prints I do.

So you know, if you get these carts and they aren't in the order shown in the label inside the print head compartment, be sure to switch them around to their proper position. I'm guessing this is not an issue as the cartridges are really all independent.

When you get your printer, I'd be interested in knowing two things: 1) The purpose of the extra button to the right of the power button and 2) whether the order of the cartridges is different for a 7015.
Gordon if you look closer at the back of the carts pictured they are seperate .. look at the M cart then in the back in between the C and Y carts there is some gap distance. Being seperate it has nothing to do with the cart order in the printer, it's just how the carts were arranged for the picture.

I'm missing the "power button" these are designed as are 1 time use. If you click the "zoom" link in the web page you can see those popup in a new window to see more clearly, the only thing I see is a "Push" button which is standard on many carts, it's where you push to "snap" the cart mechanically in place.

If that is what you are referring to I don't see any electrical buttons, just the "push" which is printed and not a moving button, and the chips on the carts ....

The description in the web page is that the carts are compatible with his printer, guess it won't hurt to ask the question though before purchase.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Yes, I'm 99% sure it's just the picture as I stated, but it's an odd arrangement and the WF7015 may be different in addition to 220v. That's why I asked for confirmation. You'd think that a smart seller would put them in the order they go into the printer.

The extra button is on the printer itself. Greg knows what I'm talking about from a previous thread.

Edit: Just checked a video on YouTube and their 7015 has the same order as the 7010.

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
Yes, I'm 99% sure it's just the picture as I stated, but it's an odd arrangement and the WF7015 may be different in addition to 220v. That's why I asked for confirmation. You'd think that a smart seller would put them in the order they go into the printer.

The extra button is on the printer itself. Greg knows what I'm talking about from a previous thread.

Edit: Just checked a video on YouTube and their 7015 has the same order as the 7010.
Oh OK, didn't know where the extra button was you were talking about. Some refill carts provide a reset button on the carts assy, but this wasn't the case.

·
Registered
107 Posts
does this epson 7015 print on transfer paper, im asking epson and printland but they cant seem to answer that question for me so i thought ill ask the people that are actually using it..

·
Registered
107 Posts
hello all again,
so i have just spoken to printland.co.uk about buying the wf7015 but when i asked if the computer came with the pigment inks they said no and they dont supply that either, so just wondering how will i go on about getting the printer to use pigment inks? can someone please help, many thanks

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
hello all again,
so i have just spoken to printland.co.uk about buying the wf7015 but when i asked if the computer came with the pigment inks they said no and they dont supply that either, so just wondering how will i go on about getting the printer to use pigment inks? can someone please help, many thanks
The stock Epson inks for that printer are pigment. That vendor is clueless ....

That printer uses Durabrite Ultra inks, those are pigments.

"
Epson DURABrite Ultra Ink is perfect for all your
office printing because it gives you long-lasting
Epson quality on a wide range of media.
• Business-quality text documents and vibrant
colour
• Instant-drying prints are water, smudge,
highlighter and fade resistant
Resin-coated pigment technology works

perfectly on a wide range of media"

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts

Hi,

Thank you for your information. they were pigment inks after all but after doing some research i read that for tshirt printing you should use high heat ink which is better. is this the same ink or different and where could i get it?

thanks

·
Registered
6,428 Posts

Hi,

Thank you for your information. they were pigment inks after all but after doing some research i read that for tshirt printing you should use high heat ink which is better. is this the same ink or different and where could i get it?

thanks
Epson OEM pigments will color shift slightly yellow when heat pressed. Some pigment inks are designed to not shift, I use Cobra pigment inks, there are others out there as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.