T-Shirt Forums banner

Just Ordered Coreldraw x3

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Fluid 
#1 ·
Hopefully I will be impressed. I've never used any versions of Coreldraw, does anyone know any good books/dvds for coreldraw x3. Or any websites
? Anything that will help me learn this program would be appreciated.

Thanks

#2 ·
#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Rodney said:
You can actually learn a lot from the little tutorials and help provided with the program.

I'm no expert by any means (I had CorelDraw 12 and just upgraded a few days ago to X3), but they do have some good tutorials and tips/tricks on their website:
I agree that their helpfiles are very helpful - I haven't had a chance to go through the program's tutorials at work - I will once I buy it for myself for at home though even though I'm using it. If it comes with a book, my advice is to read parts and walk through doing what it is talking about where you are reading. ;)

I know I know ... read the manual? :D It might save you some time, effort & heartaches - perhaps even money - just skimming the manual has given me a good idea of what is available in it so that later if I have a specific question, I have a good idea of how they have organized it so it goes faster for me to find things.

My biggest problem is that I've used so many different graphics programs that I have to re-learn how to do things in each one ... I figured out something totally awesome about Corel X3 at work today though.

I was in Corel Draw working with a bitmap & clicking the edit bitmap button opens it directly in Corel Photo Paint. I made the tiny little deletions I needed to make, saved it and closed Photo Paint down. Voila ... there it was with my changes in Corel Draw so I could continue what was next ... that is a great time saver for me!!!!! And my system didn't shut down like a "will remain nameless" program has done to me in the past when trying to do that. And my system ran all day while I did those opening & closing of bitmaps from Draw to & fro Photo Paint all day too without problems!

Enjoy! I am enjoying the program very much at work.

#5 ·
I was in Corel Draw working with a bitmap & clicking the edit bitmap button opens it directly in Corel Photo Paint. I made the tiny little deletions I needed to make, saved it and closed Photo Paint down. Voila ... there it was with my changes in Corel Draw
That's pretty darn cool! I just tested this out and it worked exactly as you described. Definitely a timesaver!

Photopaint looks pretty close to paintshoppro, so it wasn't too difficult to maneuver my way around.

#9 ·
will you be disappointed? no, absolutely not! will you be overwhelmed - at least at first? yeah, most likely :p it's a huge program - after 10 versions i'm still learning new stuff about it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.