T-Shirt Forums banner

Just looking for a little input on a unhappy customer

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  djque 
#1 ·
OK.. I have been printing tee's and doing signs for 10+ years. So i'm not a rookie by no means.. But I don't know if I'm not thinking right or if this is something new to me, because for the life of me I can not a correct answer. I do a lot of contract work for a few people that sale the jobs and they bring them to me to print along with my own customer. I do small format Dye Sublimation, I have a 6/6 manual and I also do heat press vinyl. I had one of my customer bring me a job last week to print for them and it was a 3 spot color front and back which I have done 1000's of these. Where the problem comes in is when I opened the box of shirts that they supplied for me to print ( they are a tee shirt company them self only do heat press and airbrushing ) it had 100% poly, 100% cotton, nylon pull overs, button up dress shirts, fleece pull overs and rain jackets. In all there were 65 pieces. With such a small number and just one and two of some of the items, I informed them that in order to silkscreen this whole job it would take a few different types of ink and different types of processes. And the cost would not be cheap. So after talking to them I went with Heat Press because they wanted all of the colors to be the same. So after the job was done their customer picked up the job and was not happy with the rain jackets and pull overs and want them replaced. So what I'm asking is where do I go from here? I don't mine replacing and re-printing the Items but what other road would I take to print on these items with it only being 12 of them and they are all different. If I try to silkscreen them my flash and tunnel dryer will melt them. I know it might sound like a lie but this is one of the first unsatisfied customers I have had in along time due to the quality of our work. I'm just sitting here scratching my head.. Got any good helping words?

See less See more
#3 ·
I hate being the gramma Nazi but you really need to break up this huge paragraph. It will make it a lot easier for everyone to read and try to help.

How would you normally print these items?

I would let the customer know this will be your last time ganging up all these different types of garments as one piece and charge them accordingly next time, as separate pieces.

Sent from my HTC One X using T-Shirt Forums

#4 ·
So you did the work as directed from the person paying you..... the person paying you then sold the items to a third party.... you are not responsible for your customers actions. Your customer should have gotten their customers approval first...... NOT YOUR PROBLEM TO SOLVE.

#5 ·
Chris, I used to do just as your customer does, and it worked out great and can be a benefit to you and the person bringing you the work.

But, this one is on them. They gave you the "OK" to go ahead and use the method that you used. They should have checked with their customer before telling you to proceed. They need to be the ones to replace the items and pay you again for printing them.

They messed up and need to have some accountability here.

#6 ·
Well first Sorry about how it was typed.. Just a lot to get off my chest.

I feel the same about them giving me the okay to run with it. I did call them before I started the run and they told me to do what ever I felt like I would do if this was my job I was selling. I did tell them that I would of never of took it on with such small numbers. and the complexity of the job.

I done the job with ThermoFlex plus and ThermoFlex Xtra, I felt like the job turned out fine.. But we all knows how that goes..

As for taking other jobs like this on.. I think we have already crossed that bridge..

#7 ·
Little picture thinking - Not your problem....End of the story.....

Big picture thinking....IMO a "satisfied" customers is worth more in a lifetime than the short term pain of fixing a problem with an order....

In my early days, I worried more about the short term than the long term and would not have fixed the problem.....Once I worried more about the long term and satisfying clients at whatever the cost, I started making way more money than when I got in frequent pissing matches....

#10 ·
I think contacting the end user is what you must do, because your company will be the company they complain about and it could hurt your business I would ask what they find wrong with the items and offer to work with them to fix the problem. If you make them happy they could be come your new contact for future work we all can use fresh contacts.

#12 ·
I would think they would already start coming to him since we all know you don't show the end person your contact. I would ask what part of the job they dont like and tell them that you got the ok from the middle man to do the job.

I would also tell them if the dealt with you only that you would know what they wanted and would of been able to do it there way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.