T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just launched my first website. I am fairly new to this apparel business, but I want to get feedback on the site as well as any tips you guys could offer to market my shirts. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

SOB Apparel

·
Registered
584 Posts
hmm, there's a lot of work that could be done to improve this site. We were just recently talking in a thread about flash intros, and making sure you have content on your homepage. I'll try to find the thread, but do some searching on this forum for other people's site launches, so that you can see some of the major points that would help your site.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Your photography is good, so that's a plus.

Your site is really light on text, which isn't great for search engines. Search engines love text and use it to rank your site for certain keywords. So you may want to consider adding more text.

I'm not sure what you're intending to do with the Flash intro that takes you to the page with the man and the woman wearing your shirts, but right now it doesn't do a lot for you. The Flash into just delays getting to the site and then when you do get there you're confronted with this picture of two people who look more angry than anything. It's not terribly welcoming, particularly as there's no explanation of what your site is about or what you sell. So, you may want to rethink that.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
I had to click twice to get to your home page. Once I was at your home page, I had to click a third time to see your designs. Even at that amount of clicking, I did not see any prices.

I like to see designs up front, and pricing as well. Buried something below too many clicks and people may not stay around long enough to get there. That's just what it seems like these days. Fast, fast, fast, get as much in with one click on the first page they see. Not clutterwise, that is not good either, and your website is not cluttered (thankfully). But the designs, prices, and a bit about you. Kind of like a one page resume. From that page, let folks be able to delve deeper into your story - if you have them interested at that point. But get them hooked on the first page they see. Best wishes to you. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts