T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I've recently been reading up on search engine optimisation and web marketing, to brush up on my knowledge and bring my skills up to date.

Out of curiosity I typed the phrase "funny t-shirts" into google (in quotes to keep it accurate). It came back with results 1 to 10 of 2.5 MILLION. Yep I was staggered too. :(

We know a lot of those are going to be repeated listings, but it does raise the question of just how many tee shirts sites are out there? Has anyone ever seen any statistics that would indicate this figure.:confused:

Are we perhaps underestimating how many people out there are selling tees and perhaps need to look at marketing in a different light.

I would welcome everyone's input on this thread. :)

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
I don't know if there are any hard figures on how many t-shirt sites are out there, but even all those "funny t-shirts" aren't the *same* funny t-shirts (well, at least most of them aren't :))

In this type industry, it almost doesn't matter how many other people are selling.

I mean, yes, it will increase your competition for that particular keyword phrase, but there are other ways of being successful. If you have UNIQUE t-shirt designs (whether they be funny, animals, artistic, or whatever) that fit a market need and you can market and advertise those designs effectively, you can succeed.

If someone had told me there was 1,000,000 people selling t-shirts online already, it wouldn't have deterred me any. Because no one was selling what I was selling and nobody could do it the way I would :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well said Rodney. I too sell my items on exclusivity aiming at multiple niche markets. I run profitable full time businesses from having that diversity.

I am thinking more from the perspective of the numerous folks on here that state they are only selling a few tees a year from their web sites and asking for a critique. Many of these are inevitably tees with funny slogans, or simple amusing shapes. Many of the same designs appear time and time again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts