T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wasn't sure where to post this but this section seemed closest. I am having some custom 2.5"X.5" tags made for my shirts. They came out awsome! I couldn't be more pleased. I was amazed at how much detail they were able to cram in there. Let me know what you think.

-T

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
wasn't sure where to post this but this section seemed closest
Since you were asking for feedback, I moved it to the Site Reviews - Design Reviews section :)

The label turned out nice! Where did you get them done?

Are you going to add any wording to them?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rodney said:
Since you were asking for feedback, I moved it to the Site Reviews - Design Reviews section :)

The label turned out nice! Where did you get them done?

Are you going to add any wording to them?

Yeah Rodney... I think I would have added my name to that tag... it did come out nice though....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cruz Labels here in LA. Great group of folks. Competitive rates. Quick turn around. Just the skull no wording. I am screenprinting the care tags in the inside of the shirts (Which is in itself a huge orginizational job to keep track of but looks really cool). These will go mainly on the left sleeve (folded in half). I have also been thinking of other areas to sew them on (I am also doing sleeveless shirts as well as hoodies).

-T

·
Registered
29 Posts
Tmon said:
Cruz Labels here in LA. Great group of folks. Competitive rates. Quick turn around. Just the skull no wording. I am screenprinting the care tags in the inside of the shirts (Which is in itself a huge orginizational job to keep track of but looks really cool). These will go mainly on the left sleeve (folded in half). I have also been thinking of other areas to sew them on (I am also doing sleeveless shirts as well as hoodies).

-T

Ahh ok, Now it makes sense why you decided on text on the label.

I like the idea alot!

Can you supply a link to Cruz' website?

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
www.cruzlabel.com The no text on the label is because we are doing 2 lines. Monstrous (adult sizes) and Little-Monsters (baby and kids). I didn't want to do seperate labels straight out to save a little $ upfront. These were not expensive (a little over $300 for 500). To me its these little kind of details that give a little extra cool factor.

-T

·
Registered
29 Posts
Tmon said:
www.cruzlabel.com The no text on the label is because we are doing 2 lines. Monstrous (adult sizes) and Little-Monsters (baby and kids). I didn't want to do seperate labels straight out to save a little $ upfront. These were not expensive (a little over $300 for 500). To me its these little kind of details that give a little extra cool factor.

-T
I appreciate it Tmon!

I agree... it does add a little extra cool factor...

Keep in touch!

j

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
and the cool factor is what? You spent what on the cool factor and you are who? Your tags have a skull on them and you are different because of what? I know you are giddy happy but you are special because of what??? Yep..I am being that guy but what is the difference?????

·
2,957 Posts
The difference is that lots of customers see things of this sort and it raises the perceived value of the shirt.

Given the little response here, it seems like it will go over pretty well. I'm sure it only costs a few cents per shirt, but may make a couple of dollars extra profit, just because of the perceived value.

It also helps tremendously with branding. If branding is a goal, then this goes a long way in achieving that goal.

One of the biggest things in this business is knowing your market. If his market likes it, that's all that really matters.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Tmon said:
Let me know what you think.
They look good, and I think no text was a good call since they'll be for external branding (i.e. they're tasteful and will look nice but unobtrusive).

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
MotoskinGraphix said:
You spent what on the cool factor and you are who?
He spent a little over $300 and he is Monstrous Gear... it's all explained in the posts above :p

MotoskinGraphix said:
I know you are giddy happy but you are special because of what???
I don't think he's giddy happy, just sharing a positive experience in the development of his company. Personally I wish him well with it.

It might not make him different and special against the dozens of established brands that have similar features, but it will stand out against the thousands that don't bother. On a balance sheet of profit and loss it may or may not be worth it (not an easy thing to know), but that's not the only way to measure whether or not a business decision was worthwhile.

·
2,957 Posts
Wow, I didn't see the price before!

Maybe you just wanted someone local, but you could have gotten twice as many for less than what you paid, from a number of excellent companies.

They still look nice, though!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Great idea! Those are fantastic.

I agree, the tag on the sleeve really raises the percieved value of a t-shirt. I'd pay a buck more for a shirt if it seemed to be of higher quality.

Nice touch!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Comin'OutSwingin said:
Wow, I didn't see the price before!

Maybe you just wanted someone local, but you could have gotten twice as many for less than what you paid, from a number of excellent companies.

They still look nice, though!
Yeah for a few bucks more I could have got 1000. The setup is where the cost is. I decided to go with 500 to start because I'm not really a clothing company for say. Making shirts is more of an artistic outlet for me. I have been screenprinting for a while now, doing shirts for myself and friends. I have several celeberty and rockstar friends (I work in the movie business) and some of their kids wearing my designs. A few months back decided to see if I can make a little money off my designs. I will have my first batch done around mid November. I am doing each design in small quantities (25-50 of each from 6 months to adult). I do all of the work myself with the exception of making the shirt itself. There are alot of small details I put into these. I'm not looking to set the world on fire with my stuff. I just like being able to express my art in different ways. If I can make a little money in the process thats cool too. It is a very niche market, and I dont plan on quitting my day job anytime soon.

-T

1 - 16 of 16 Posts