T-Shirt Forums banner

Just Got home from the SGIA show - info/video on the brother gt-782 printer

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  martinwoods 
#1 · (Edited)
This was my first printing show and we really enjoyed it. The New Brother was Perfect in every way. $55K Seem like a lot but if it functions like our GT541, we will happy with it .The bad news is it will not be in the USA for at least 6 more months. I'm beat, more tomorrow.

#2 ·
Re: Just Got home from the SGIA show.

Did they tell you how much the inks will be for it? And the other consumables? Did you get to find out what kind of maintenance is required with it having four white printheads? Sorry so many questions, I am really curious haha :) And since you are the first one posting back, well you get the questions :) Did you get to see it print? Ok I will stop for now. Does it have anything on it to keep the ink agitated?

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
#5 ·
Yep I already seen the info at inkjet garment printers forum. I was wondering also, does anyone know what the dpi is on the printheads on this machine? Are they the same 600 dpi printheads as the GT541? Will the cost on them be the same also. I was just thinking that it has four seperate printheads with white ink, and if you were to have issues with those that would be pretty expensive if they are the same ones, and the same price.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Lots of interest in the machine.

You can also go to brothergt-782.com which is basically the same site and information but we're working on differentiating it slightly (both are our sites and we're working on making them extremely informative since that's our job :) ).

Pricing on the white ink has not fully been set yet. Estimates are $2-$5 but that is subject to change and obviously dependent upon the actual design itself. Many of the components are the same in the new machine vs the 541 - so it won't be much different for those that have the 541 except you'll be amazed by the printing capabilities.

Plus, on the websites mentioned above we should have some great video footage coming in the next couple of weeks.

Oh, resolution is the same (same exact print heads) - 600dpi. but on the shirts with white ink you'll be blown away... make sure to see the pictures posted on the GT-782 links at the bottom of the page - the details are incredible.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Lots of interest in the machine.... if you go to there you will find a lot of information on the machine (just follow the link to the MORE INFORMATION page). I will be updating this with a lot of information on a regular basis. You can also go to brothergt-782.com which is basically the same site and information but we're working on differentiating it slightly (both are our sites and we're working on making them extremely informative since that's our job :) ).

Pricing on the white ink has not fully been set yet. Estimates are $2-$5 but that is subject to change and obviously dependent upon the actual design itself. Many of the components are the same in the new machine vs the 541 - so it won't be much different for those that have the 541 except you'll be amazed by the printing capabilities.

Plus, on the websites mentioned above we should have some great video footage coming in the next couple of weeks.

Oh, resolution is the same (same exact print heads) - 600dpi. but on the shirts with white ink you'll be blown away... make sure to see the pictures posted on the GT-782 links at the bottom of the page - the details are incredible.
Wow
Welcome Brian glad to see you over here.
do you have mine ordered yet? gotta get my double doors:)

#8 ·
no one had mentioned it, but those two sites are the only place on the internet right now with actual reliable information - and we know a little about it, so I figured I would post the info for people....

I am waiting for your down payment and I can get you in the que:) You know how that goes.

Give me another week to 2 weeks and we'll have a better surprise for everyone... and the only place to get it will be at the above mentioned websites :) More info on the GT-782....and....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.