T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I usually use waterbased inks and decided to try plastisol. I am using a home made press with my diy micro tuners. I have to say, Plastisol is soooo much easier to work with. I used wilflex ink. The big pain was curing the shirts in my oven. I found that I can print and cure about 25 shirts an hour because of the oven thing. If the orders keep rolling in I am going to go for a 4 or 6 color manual press and step up to a flash cure.
It seems like yesterday when I started lurking around this site. I have learned so much and I thank everyone here for their tidbits of advice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All
I usually use waterbased inks and decided to try plastisol. I am using a home made press with my diy micro tuners. I have to say, Plastisol is soooo much easier to work with. I used wilflex ink. The big pain was curing the shirts in my oven. I found that I can print and cure about 25 shirts an hour because of the oven thing. If the orders keep rolling in I am going to go for a 4 or 6 color manual press and step up to a flash cure.
It seems like yesterday when I started lurking around this site. I have learned so much and I thank everyone here for their tidbits of advice.
How long are you leaving the shirts in the oven and at what temp?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Congrats; it's how we started 23 years ago. Finally invested in a 4 color 4 station manual press, and although I really could not afford it, a flash w/ AUTO base, which moves the flash head in & out over the platen using a timer. Best investment I ever made. Still use my newer auto base flash today. JUst hit the foot petal, flash head moves over the platen (which is setup to be opposite by print station platen,) and then moves back out of the way at whatever time I have it set to. No more burning shirts, even if I get distracted. Get way to cure shirts other than a conveyor oven.
They are pricy, but if you plan to stay in this business, you'll love it, and it will make your production move a lot faster.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How long are you leaving the shirts in the oven and at what temp?
I put the oven to 400 degrees, then i lined a cookie pan with aluminum. Put the shirt on the pan and placed inside for about 1:20. You really have to watch that they don't scorch. It smells bad too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts