T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i just replaced the printhead on my tjet for the 1st time and now my error eject light is flashing. i have solid power light, solid load light, and flashing error eject light. i can hold the ink button for a few seconds and it will do a cleaning but i cant run a nozzle check or attempt to do a cleaning through my computer. what did i mess up? :/

if i press the load or error eject button then the carriage will move back and forth a few times and then it will just end up with the same scenario.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just pulled it apart and apparently i must have had a lil bit of cleaner fluid on the ribbon cable and it had a small black spot on it... hopefully it didnt fry any part of the new printhead also... i am guessing the cable is the problem so now i get to order a new one of those yay! :/

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Several things could have fried. But I would not mess with it until the ribbon cable is replaced. Other than that it could have taken out the head and the main board or board fuse. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Have you cleaned encoder strip. When you clean the head and remove the carts, especially with a bulk system the carts can come in contact with the encoder strip. causing damage or just getting dirty.
I say this because the error light is coming on right after head initalization and it makes a pass or 2 checking its position.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
took it apart again and it seems as though the ribbon cable came a lil loose while puttin it all back together since it was still tight and without good creases in it, it pulled out just a lil bit when tightening the carriage top back together... seems to work fine now :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.