T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the correct thread. But I am trying to find somewhere in Atlanta were I can buy vinyl for banners & car wraps.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also I need to know how to price out jobs.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Not sure if this is the correct thread. But I am trying to find somewhere in Atlanta were I can buy vinyl for banners & car wraps.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also I need to know how to price out jobs.
If you bought a SP540 then you would not need vinyl for banners...you need a roll of blank banner material to print on. You then will finish the banner by folding the edge over (all the way around) and welding it or use banner tape. Then add grommets in the corners and about every 2-3 feet depending on the size.

For car wraps you will want printable CAST material (like Oracal 3951 with 290 laminate).

As to where to buy this stuff you will need to search for vinyl supplies in your local area. All my suppliers are local to us in MI.

No one on here can tell you how to price jobs...it is based on YOUR location, YOUR costs, and what YOU want to profit.

The SP540v is a great printer and they were built like tanks, good luck!

Reactions: daud1200

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I found a place. Its called feelers.
I have a tech coming out soon. I need to get this printer up and running. Ink not coming down the lines.
And the heads might be dead. But I bought it for a low price. I figure $1000 to $2000 to get it brand new.

Once its up and running, I will do all repairs myself (if comfortable).

If you have any tips or advice please share!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a tech coming out soon. I need to get this printer up and running. Ink not coming down the lines.
And the heads might be dead. But I bought it for a low price. I figure $1000 to $2000 to get it brand new.

·
Registered
768 Posts

From the sound of it you will need new print heads (most likely close to $2000 for them both to be replaced) and when installing new heads (or as maintenance) you will also need new dampeners(4, one for each color).
You will also want to replace the wiper scraper, wipers, captops, and maybe the lines from the pump to the waste bottle (they tend to clog over time).
Don't forget to replace the foam pad, T sponge, and the long pad underneath (i forget the name of it). You will need cleaning fluid as well if you dont already have some from the person you bought it from and foam cleaning swabs. You should also keep 1 extra set of ink at all times. When the cartridge is empty you will want to be able to replace it right away.

Also the #1 thing I can advice you is... ONLY USE GENUINE ROLAND INK.
Aftermarket ink is tempting because of the cost...you may save some money at first but the heads will clog MUCH faster and the quality will go down.

If this sat a long time you might need to replace the ink lines that run from the cartridges to the dampeners.

Reactions: daud1200
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.