T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out stahls direct and imprintables warehouse, they have plenty of types of heat transfer vinyls. stahls also has great "how to" videos on youtube to help get your feet wet. happy printing!!!
What is your favorite vinyl to get?
Also whats best software to use for cutter?
And, Say I have picture from camera can I use that picture to print on cutter and still get all the color details on it has picture? Sorry im new to this!

· Registered
1,612 Posts
What is your favorite vinyl to get?
Also whats best software to use for cutter?
And, Say I have picture from camera can I use that picture to print on cutter and still get all the color details on it has picture? Sorry im new to this!
Best vinyl?
That depends entirely on the garment or material you are applying it to and the design. IE: Applying vinyl on nylon is different than applying to a cotton t-shirt.

Best software? For what?
For cutting? The Great Cut software that should have come with it does a good job after you learn how it works.

For graphics design? Most people use Corel or Illustrator.

"can I use that picture to print on cutter and still get all the color details"

The Expert 24 is a cutter. It does not print anything.

You can print graphics on a printer on transfer paper then use the cutter to trim around the design but the Expert 24 will not print or cut a photo directly.

· Registered
771 Posts
Consider Specialty Materials heat transfer material. They are popular as well. As for which kind, it depends on the material. Here is a link to a chart that shows which type you can use for the target material. Thermoflex Plus is the most common. http://support.cutterpros.com/downloads/Heat-Transfer-Material-Chart.pdf
Most heat transfer materials will have a chart similar to this one.

For software, if you want something easy to use, free with vectorization, consider InkScape available at InkScape.org (open source). If you want a quick tutorial PM me and I will show you a few things.

For getting 'pictures' out of vinyl, you can do layering. You can vectorize your image and then associate different colors with different layers, cut them independently, stack them and get an image that resembles your artwork if it is simple.

For getting something that looks like a picture, you can do Image Cut which is available in VinylMaster or DragonCut or possibly in your software. Image Cut takes a digital image, cuts strips in your vinyl in different proportions with changing strip width and it will make the strips of vinyl resemble your digital photograph in vinyl. It is a very neat process.

Attachments

· Registered
782 Posts
Hello all,
I just bought my first cutter the GCC Export 24 LX! What is the best vinyl transfer to use? And where to buy it at?
What do I do once I have it all set up?
If anyone can help me out.
Be much appaciated!!
signwarehouse.com (easyweed and Hotmark 70)
specialty-graphics.com (thermoflex and siser easyweed)
imprintables.com (eco film)

· Registered
21 Posts
Stahl's is the what I use. I love the options and colors they have. They are very helpful and will answer any question that I have. I use their premium plus and sports films lite. As well as the tried and true thermo film. Also, I love, love the fashion film when detail is required. It makes it so easy when you have really small details or letters. You need to also try the glitter film. It looks fabulous and my customers really love it. Have fun creating.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.