T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a like-new Epson Stylus 4800 at an unbelievable price and I'm wondering if it is too much to use for t-shirts. I've only found refillable, replacement ink carts for it, not the more common remote tank systems. Should I have gotten something more common like a Stylus 2400? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Hi Bob and :welcome:

Alot of people use the 4800 for tshirts here. Others wish they had one. If you do a search on your model you will see what folks are saying about it and how they are using it in business.

You can probably source a supplier for the ink systems by asking the other owners who use this printer. I believe one side is dye sub, and the other pigment. ?? From what I've read, this is a great printer, here is one link:

https://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-press-heat-transfers/t55070.html#post327052

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:)Thanks for the quick reply. I signed up for the forum some time ago, but since I didn't have a printer (and really couldn't afford a good one) I failed to follow up on the forum. I've read quite a bit since posting this time, and apparently, I made an excellent choice. Now I've got to read up on the whole process to make sure that I don't make lots of mistakes getting off the ground. Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts