T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi;

I am an airbrush artist in Central Florida. I have recently decided to try offering photo transfers to my customers. I know little to nothing about doing transfers and trying to learn on a huge FAST curve. My shirt nurse is interested in offering some other non-transfer photo work to.

The transfers I wish offer are of photos (personal images), that we print out on the ink jet printer. Would like to offer the images on T shirts, totes and other textile surfaces, by themselves and in combination with airbrushing.

I just bought an epson printer only to discover that the purchased the wrong one and now have to purchase yet another one. I am looking at the CX3810 by Epson I currently have the R340. I am not really concerned about the bulk ink until I see what type of response I get from the customers in my area; if it becomes justified, I will of course get it. Which makes me ask why you can not use the bulk ink in this unit? (Saw this posted under Epson printers)
I found a software package to start with and waiting for its arrival and I am currently trying out different papers.

I do have a heat press, so at least I have something right. LOL
I will be looking for a hat press, as I do not currently have one and my SN as asked me about doing mug transfers.. So I am sure that will be next.. I am not sure if I can use the same printers for that though..

Thank you all so much for allowing me to become a part of your group.
Blu

I would definitely appreciate any heads up you can give.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Yes I am one of them.. a transfer person.. Hey Blu welcome. I do Tees, totes and pictures and designs. I do not do mugs. If you want to see what I do with my transfers click on my signature below.. the l j robin one. If you have any questions about how to do anything in this business you can expect to find one of us who will assist you.. I get email from all over the country asking for info.. I am getting old so ask now, I might not remember tomorrow.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the welcome.

As I said, just starting out.. right now my biggest hurdle is just getting the right printer for what I want to do.

Sort of stuck till I get that far.
I am working on the paper also, but having a bit more ease in finding those. Now just to settle on which brand.

Thank you again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts