T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this is my third time trying to sent this. I'm tired of typing so this should be short. I am new at the whole business. Actually, I haven't really started it yet. I have a good supplier for shirts so that's covered. I don't have a website and don't even know where to begin. I don't know much about computers so that will be the biggest challenge for me. I'm not very artsy so to begin with I am just buying pre-made transfers. I bought a handmade heat press off of ebay. It works great, but I don't think it is going to be big enough. I can't afford to buy a new one so I'm keeping my ears open to some good used ones at least 15 by 15. If you have any suggestions I'm eager to listen.
Talk to you again soon,
Kimberly

I don't even have a name for the business yet...lol.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I've recommended this to a couple folks, it's how I found my heat press -- call up local t-shirt companies in your area (check the phone book under 't-shirt' and 'screen printing') and ask around if they have a used heat press they might want to sell, or if they know of anyone that does. With luck you'll find someone who's just been sitting on it for a year or two and just wants to get rid of it cheap; you should pay no more than 1/3 the price of a new one for a used one, and finding it local also means you save the shipping cost and can examine it in person before purchase. You might also check pawn shops, flea markets, etc.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Welcome to the T-Shirt Forums, Kimberely.

Hopefully we can help you through the various steps of starting your t-shirt business. We all had to start somewhere :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts