T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, first post. Sorry, you've probably seen the following thread a thousand times already.

I've been selling 300+ t-shirts a month with Spreadshirt which was a great start and they take most of the hassle out of selling tees. They also are getting the majority of the profits and I'm looking to change that.

I have spent the last few weeks doing some research, my background designs and I design for print, but I've never actually printed a t-shirt.

I've read a ton of threads on here about heat presses and I've decided to start with a low budget one despite what experience is saying in most forums.

I'm based in Ireland but 80% of my customers are in the UK. I'm unsure about packaging and wondering if anyone can recommend a supplier in the UK or Europe.

I think I've found a supplier for blank tees in Ireland. The biggest problem and the most daunting thought is around space, I'm figuring I'm going to need 500/600 garments in stock.

Anyway, I'll take any startup advice I can get and thanks for reading.

Cheers
Mark

· Registered
120 Posts
I bought a cheap heat press about 250 a few years back and it was a great investment. Got a better one now but still got the cheapo and it's never failed me once. Printed 1000's on it. You don't need a super expensive one at first but buy from a reputable company as there are probably bad ones around.

Packaging just stick em in envelopes, done!

Stock just get 10 of each main colour size s-xxl and then go from there. Or actually more like 5 for less popular. collours.

· Registered
4,277 Posts
i agree with above
try not to be all things to all people

that is a massive inventory, unless you have the customers already lined up,
and the space/funds
especially since your supplier is in ireland

go through your sales and see what colors sell and what colors are duds

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i agree with above
try not to be all things to all people

that is a massive inventory, unless you have the customers already lined up,
and the space/funds
especially since your supplier is in Ireland

go through your sales and see what colors sell and what colors are duds
Cheers man, Unfortunately SS withhold a lot of information on the customers. Another huge positive to moving away from them, I can build a mailing list for offers/promos etc.

· Registered
4,277 Posts
great idea

we started with 4 colors (all adult),
and have not added any more there

but we have added new colors for youth/toddler and onseies as we moved along

we also started with 100% cotton, but the shrinkage concerns/complaints and constantly telling people to size-up wore thin,
so we moved to a softer 50/50 heather and have no complaints on shrinkage
we have also only had one customer ask for 100% cotton

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.