T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just tried the JPSS and I was not to impressed... Im not sure if im doing something wrong but it feels rough to the touch.... What is everyone using for pressure? that may be my problom..

· Registered
1,027 Posts
I press at 379 for 25 seconds with teflon. Peel hot. Then to make it smoother, press again for about 8 to 10 seconds with teflon. The hand with soften with a wash also.

Reactions: 3Jtees

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you... I have the temp right and the time, BUT I love the advice about pressing it a 2nd time... I also press with teflon.. do you think I should adjust pressure? It may be the ink I'm using too.. I have not upgraded yet to a good printer and/or pigment ink, so that may be part of my troubles.. thank you again

· Registered
1,027 Posts
I press with a heavy pressure. How are your colors when you press. I use text/photo with plain paper for settings. My colors come out bright and press that way. It very well may be the ink that your using. Pigment ink is best for JPSS.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my colors look great and even hold up real well after washing, which really surprised me.... I really think it's my pressure... It's my own fault for buying a cheap press.. I bought a monkey press and the only pressure givin is by good ol arm strength.. so I guess I'll have to just crank it down more....

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Heavy pressure means you have to use both arms and lean into it a little. My press doesn't have a pressure reading so I just go by feeling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.