T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what I am doing wrong or what I need to do differently. I print my picture on the JPSS and I looks great (the color) and then I heat press it onto the white t-shirt and it has a greenish color (only when the picture is printed at) not the edges that were not printed on. So, I'm guessing I need to change something in CorelDRAW X3 before I print it but I'm not sure what.
Thanks

Kimsie

· Registered
2,359 Posts
Kimsie, sounds like a color shift issue with your ink. If you could let us know a little more such as printer type, inktype, etc. people could help you easier. Maybe even do a search of the forums on color shift.
MIKE

· Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kimsie, sounds like a color shift issue with your ink. If you could let us know a little more such as printer type, inktype, etc. people could help you easier. Maybe even do a search of the forums on color shift.
MIKE
Hey thanks, I tried doing a search on greeninsh color when using JPSS but didn't come up with answer. I didn't think of searching on "Color Shift" well anyways I found some info there.
Thanks again,
Kimsie

· Registered
24 Posts
I am wondering what I am doing wrong or what I need to do differently. I print my picture on the JPSS and I looks great (the color) and then I heat press it onto the white t-shirt and it has a greenish color (only when the picture is printed at) not the edges that were not printed on. So, I'm guessing I need to change something in CorelDRAW X3 before I print it but I'm not sure what.
Thanks

Kimsie
I am having the same problem. It's a big head ache for me. anyone?????

· Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Well, if you use Durabrite pigment ink, it is likely something called "color shifting". Color shifting is when the *heat* from the press changes the inks in the designs to different colors.

Durabrite is not the only ink that can suffer from color shifting, but it is the one to do it the most.

To fix color shifting, you can try to reduce the amount of yellow printing by changing that setting in printer preferences. For my c88+, I use +5 magenta, +5 cyan, and -10 to -20 yellow. I do not have color shifting with my Durabrite ink.

There are others who have tried those settings with their Epson printers and still had color shifting, so sometimes, it does not work.

Usually an ink change is the sure fire way to eliminate the problem. People will buy a 3rd party ink from an ink supplier that carries either refill carts or bulk ink systems for their printer model.

Some of these suppliers are inkjetcarts.us, shopdyesub.com and inkjetfly.com. There are others, but I hear these names frequently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.