T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I am curious what everyone is using for settings for their heat press and times when using JPSS paper. My first two shirts I did for the 350 at 30 second as per directions and they were fine. I did them on a heavier weight Gildan purchased from the big craft stores.
I ordered shirts and went with the Gildan 50/50 dry blend and when I use the settings as above my shirts turned yellow, scorched. I turned the press down to 330 for 20 sec and covered with parchment paper. This seemed to work but it was a bit harder to peel. I then stretched them covered them and pressed them for about 5 secs more.
Do you think they will stand up in the wash the same? and last as long?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Karen in MA

· Registered
776 Posts
i press my jpss at 375 for 30 seconds, and high pressure then pop the shirt, and peel quickly while still hot, then give it a little stretch.

not sure why your shirts are yellowing.

i have pressed jpss onto gildan 6.1 and 5.4 cotton, as well as 5.4 50/50. same with port & company, pressed on both cotton and blend.

never had any yellowing or scorching at 375 for 30 seconds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.