1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1-JPSS BLUE GRID
2-PRESSED FOR 375 FOR 30SECS
3-EPSON WITH DURABRITE INK

this was my first run at any inkjet paper...today i printed out some simple images and printed on my epson with durabrite ink ...pressed for 375 for 30 secs....the jpss print feels rough . i pressed the shirt it the part where the print is has a rough sandpaper feel.. did i do something wrong?please help me i would like to fix this..thANKS

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMAGE LOOKS fine ...but feels horrible !!!! so after pressing like normal ...press again using parchment paper >>? without the paper on after i remove the jpss paper ? press again for how long?

·
Registered
36 Posts
just learned it this morning also. put out samples already for my week old business and just learned it today to re press the image after removing the paper. makes a lot of difference.

·
Registered
996 Posts
First press with teflon cover, peel warm and second press with parchment paper. Great feel and long lasting with very little fading even after many washes and drying on hot.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Be careful using Teflon sheet. The polymer is not suppose to stick to Teflon but sometimes it does. Especially when the sheet is slight worn. You will wind up with ghosting that will transfer to another shirt if it is not wiped clean before reusing it. I use parchment paper. Buy it from grocery store. It is cheap, disposable and prevent ruining shirts because of ghosting. When you see trace of the image on the parchment toss it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had the same feel with my first press, but went away after the first wash.....You might try a wash test....then you will have a sample to show your customers what they feel like after they get them home and wash them for the first time....My customers understand....

1-JPSS BLUE GRID
2-PRESSED FOR 375 FOR 30SECS
3-EPSON WITH DURABRITE INK

this was my first run at any inkjet paper...today i printed out some simple images and printed on my epson with durabrite ink ...pressed for 375 for 30 secs....the jpss print feels rough . i pressed the shirt it the part where the print is has a rough sandpaper feel.. did i do something wrong?please help me i would like to fix this..thANKS

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have used Jetpro Softstrech as well but, i set the press to 375 and press for only 15 seconds. Maybe you are pressing to long. I have never had a JPSS transfer feel like sandpaper.

·
Registered
58 Posts
also u dont need teflon or any cover paper. I just press the JPSS sheet and warm peel and strech the shirt a bit right after you peel the paper off.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I cold peel it and it comes out soft like a baby's bottom

·
Registered
47 Posts
like someone else said, 90+% of that feel will go away with the first wash and the second wash will get anything left. alot of what you are feeling is the polymer. just wash the shirt that is your sample to show everyone. you will be amazed at how soft it will get after 1 or 2 washes. been thru a bunch of different trsnfer papers and JPSS is by far and away the best i've used. wish i could find a dark transfer paper this good.:(

·
Registered
121 Posts
What setting do you have the 1400 epson on to do printing on lights- text-text and image or what? I can'tr seem to get the bleeding to settle down.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same problom at first, you just need more pressure, and press it a 2nd time after the paper is removed.. Have you had probloms with it yellowing?

·
Registered
13 Posts
ok try keeping your heat at about 375, and VERY heavy pressure, try that for about 22 seconds.... I had some yellowing that I thought was kinda burned but I sprayed it with shout and it came out in the wash....I hope this helps you

1 - 20 of 23 Posts