T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there:
I'm new in this t-shirt heat press business, I purchased jpss for lights paper from t-shirt supplies, after reading many posts here stating that it was the best paper so far, I've printed on 100% cotton and on 50/50 as well having the same results, the transfer CRACKS after stretching it even if it's very little stretching, and it even PEELS OFF!! after washing it it looks flaky and could be peeled by hand. I'm using a temp. of 380 f. and a medium to high pressure for about 30-35 secs. what am I doing wrong? I also used IronAll paper with much better feel results, only that the colors look very dull but i like the fact that you can hardly feel the paper or that plasticky feel.
thanks in advance for your help.
Alex

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
What printer and inks are you using? There was another thread very recently addressing this issue, have you read it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using Epson 1400 with Claria inks. no I havent read the other thread you're talking about perhaps you know when was it posted?
On the same token.... i read about some people having great results with dye inks and jpss, reason why I thought it would be the same for me....but i guess that's not the case. :confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've ran many tests, different times and temps, and I've also done that too(stretching it right off the heatpress) but I noticed it the first time untouched, for once, and then untouched after washig it the first time, with the same results,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
after washing it, it looks flaky not just on the edges but all over, and like the paper is coming off the shirt. and you can see the white (shirt color) through the cracks

·
Registered
383 Posts
after washing it, it looks flaky not just on the edges but all over, and like the paper is coming off the shirt. and you can see the white (shirt color) through the cracks
hmmmm that's strange, the only time I can even get close to a crack is if I stretch the shirt really hard, but always when I let go it's perfectly normal again. I would be interested in seeing this.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Here are two pictures so that you can have an idea.
I keep lookin g at this picture and I see the problem you are having. That transfer does not look like it was stretched hot. I should have need even dispersment of ink. It is jagged and cracking as you said. I have never seen this and i have done a lot of transfers. I think on Wednesday I will do some testing. By the way the shirt looks like a ribbed shirt. Is It?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
That looks very odd......

Does look to be a ribbed shirt though..not sure that should be the cause of this though.

I am also using the 1400 with Claria inks and am not having this issue. Ran some today with no problem.

What settings are you using when pressing??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's not a ribbed shirt, this one is actually 50/50 blend. I pressed it @ a medium-high pressure-196 c (384 fahrenheit) for about 25 secs. I will try the same settings with same paper but different printer and inks today..... maybe the paper is a fake? although it has the jetPro softstretch logo in light blue in the back.......don't know what to think.:confused:
I did try the same on a 100% cotton stretchy fitted t-shirt and let it dry...then stretched the fabric just enough to put it on and it cracked too while putting it on but then it didn't go back to perfectly normal, i can see the white through the cracks...I will post that photo tonight as well.

·
Registered
383 Posts
That is very bad, I'm thinking something is up with the paper? cause in no way shape or form does that even look close to anything I have done with JPSS.

Here is one that was done a while back and what normal JPSS looks like. This was taken very close and at an angle to try and get the detail too.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks I will appreciate it...... I bought the paper from Tshirtsupplies.com, it was at a very low price compared to the rest of the sites where I have checked....what makes me think it was a bad stack therefore the price....I just ordered some sample sheets from MilfordPhoto, hopefully it arrives soon and I can test it too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Washed only once, and the one in the picture yes, it was hot peeled...I've also done some and peeled not exactly cold but maybe warm and looks better only that when i put it on and the fabric stretches then it cracks again and won't go back to normal but shows the white underneath.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok here are two samples, one is after a cold peel(green) and hot peel(blue), after putting on the shirt, obviously it stretched a little, jut enough to put it on, the pictures are not really good but you can still see the detail(low battery on camera), no washes yet. You can see the cracks and the white through the cracks.

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
What press are you using?
What temp?
How long?
What pressure?
What Ink?
What printer?

Just trying to cover everything

1 - 20 of 46 Posts