T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still a newbie and just started using JPSS transfer paper to do some shirts. I have used the advice to put logo and such in a circle or oval filled with color, so you don't get the yellowish tint where white should be. I have had a request to do some light blue shirts with dk blue and other color lettering. Can I use the regular JPSS as it is a "light" blue shirt or should I do something else? They only need 7-10 shirts with a saying and 2 logos? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
996 Posts
I am using JPSS on light blue now. It is a picture of a founder of an institution and mostly black and white. The white in the picture is coming out on the blue side but the customer likes it. (go figure) I would not use JPSS on anything but white or light gray. I have text also but doing that in vinyl. (royal blue) Do a sample and let your customer make up his mind.

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Excellent advice. ALWAYS show the customer a sample of a similar product to make sure he understands the limitations of using transfer paper. It's a good idea to have them sign off with their approval.

·
Registered
583 Posts
JPSS is good for whites and ash grey, but for many other lights, the shirt color shows through wherever their is white in the design. Use heat-applied vinyl or contour-cut opaque paper with a cutter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts