T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, (for those of you who use JPSS on collapsible koozies), how long do you press. I normally presss T's at 25 to 30 sec. Just wondering if I can reduce this with the neoprene koozies. I have yet to use this paper on them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Definitely reduce your press time - if not, you will burn the koozie - I know from experience :) I only press about 5-10 secs - but it took me several trials to figure that out! I do the same on mouse pads and coasters - anything of that material. I just used one koozie and tested several areas with strips of transfer until I got it right.

I also remove the lint before pressing. On a few koozies, I noticed lint under the pressed transfer - it took me a while to figure out what it was since the lint was not noticeable before the transfer was put on. I didn't have a lint roller at the shop, so I took a scrap piece of vinyl and just used the sticky side to remove the lint - worked very well.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Last time I did some I think I pressed for 20 seconds but like Misty said they will burn/melt. Well, not really melt ... but sort of get weird dimples. You might want to take one koozie and cut in pieces just to do some time/temp tests.

Also be careful when you remove from the press because your fingers can make indentations in the koozie that won't come out. What I do is insert a piece of cardboard in the koozie and grab the corner of that to remove from the press.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts