T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i'm using the JPSS paper for the frist time, and transferring black lettering onto a white shirt, but the the transfer isn't transferring completely. I end up with a considerable amount on my paper. I have increased time first, then temp, all the way up to 375 for thirty seconds, and my shirt scorched. This has never happened with any other paper, so I'm a tad baffled. Any inputs would be GREAT!!! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
So, i'm using the JPSS paper for the frist time, and transferring black lettering onto a white shirt, but the the transfer isn't transferring completely. I end up with a considerable amount on my paper. I have increased time first, then temp, all the way up to 375 for thirty seconds, and my shirt scorched. This has never happened with any other paper, so I'm a tad baffled. Any inputs would be GREAT!!! Thanks!!!
I used to use RED Grid paper until few weeks ago, and now I ONLY USE JPSS and with the setting you mentioned, it comes out perfect everytime. Check your temp, maybe your heat press isn't working properly.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so you thinks it's the press? im waiting for a new one i just bought.... i thought it was the press... thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
I also use JPSS with a Black Magic (Chinese, I believe Heat Press) and have great success. I use quality dye and pigment inks (2 printers) with similar results. I like the Ironall Dark Paper for colored shirts.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also use JPSS with a Black Magic (Chinese, I believe Heat Press) and have great success. I use quality dye and pigment inks (2 printers) with similar results. I like the Ironall Dark Paper for colored shirts.
I use BLUE GRID for darks. Ironall Dark papers seem to leave the papar texture on the graphic...wavy texture if you know what i mean. It shows up clearly especially on solid colors.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does the Blue Grid have a soft feel? Also, does it crack during handling or washing? Thanks in advance.
Feelwise, Ironall for Darks hands down. But I & customers dont like the wavy paper texture showing. And the color does not come out as vivid.

As for BLUE GRID, I love the color but it doesn't have the soft feel like ironall.
I don't think it cracks like completely crack...in other words, you can't see the shirt showing through between cracks...but it does crack....(I am not sure if i explained clearly, someone help me here :) )

·
Registered
365 Posts
JPSS 375 for 30 seconds works fine for me. Are you using a teflon pad? Still sounds like your press might be the problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts