T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I keep hearing this paper is for light colors, what are the best results on T's other than white. Is light blue or light green any good. How a bout a gray?

Thanks!

Alan

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hello,

I keep hearing this paper is for light colors, what are the best results on T's other than white. Is light blue or light green any good. How a bout a gray?

Thanks!

Alan
I have excellent results on ash--natural--white haven't tried others YET!!!

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
You will get some bleed through from non-white shirts. So a yellow transfer on a blue shirt will take on a greenish hue. But you can do like colors (blue on lt. blue shirt) just fine.

·
Registered
461 Posts
You will get some bleed through from non-white shirts. So a yellow transfer on a blue shirt will take on a greenish hue. But you can do like colors (blue on lt. blue shirt) just fine.
I guess I should clarify my test on the shirts are for the poly window not showing around the picture when applied.I haven't gotten into colors changing due to shirt.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
I guess I should clarify my test on the shirts are for the poly window not showing around the picture when applied.I haven't gotten into colors changing due to shirt.
Barely a hint of anything, most people wouldn't notice it at all and it disappears completely after the first wash.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
JPSS works good on ash gray.
There was a post in another thread that showed an obvious poly window with JPSS on Ash grey. Do you trim closely when doing light colors?

I've gotten to the point of not even trimming on whites but don't do alot of light colors yet.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Yep, I brought that link to the other "JPSS Ash Grey" thread with me. Not all results are pretty. Some look good, some don't. Seems like a cutter, like in Gemini's threads (or hand trimming) give the best results. Okay, personally, I'd use Gemini's method as I think her results are top notch.

Here's the other thread with more photos and examples of the pretty and not so pretty.
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-press-heat-transfers/t49205.html#post290058

·
Registered
584 Posts
What is the purpose of leaving a border? Is it just so that you don't cut into the image, or is there another reason? If you are supposed to leave a border, would you want to create a 1/8" border with a cutter/plotter also?

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
I don't know of any reason you *have* to leave a border other than what you said, to avoid having to cut into the design, but I've also seen pics where folks have cut right *to* the design to leave no border.

I have done both. I can say, when I do not leave a border, it does look like the color of the ink comes out slightly from behind the paper when the polymer melts. It never affect the image ever. But I imagine the polymer melts slightly past the paper edge when there is no ink to highlight that it is happening, so I always use a piece of teflon.

I remember the first time I pressed a navy blue bordered imaged and I had trimmed to the design, I could see the slightest line of navy around the paper before I peeled. I wondered, but was glad to see it affected nothing when I peeled.

That is all I have ever seen that I can think of to say about it. Maybe someone else can comment more on it. I wouldn't hesitate to leave a border, nor would I hesitate to not leave a border.

In gemini's example of JPSS on ash grey, I thought in a case like that I would cut all the way *to* the design (I love that tshirt, gemini... I think it's really enhanced being on a ringer tee. Love it!)

You could always try both methods, Spank, and see what you like or dislike, if anything. I found that probably it would more depend on the job than my preferences bc I found no real issues for or against. :)

·
Registered
584 Posts
oh I'll be trying everything once I get a press. I've got JPSS paper, I've got a printer, I've got ink, and I've got time! Thanks for the advice! Anyone else?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts