T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a lot of talk about JPSS how some people love it and some people may have issues with it. So here is some testing I will be doing.
1. test #1 the old water test. printed 4 square boxes each a different color on JPSS. Placed in glass for 15 minutes.. No color seperation.. PS. I am using pigment ink from Ink Rrepublic.
Test #2 print in photo mode. Press at 375 for 30 seconds. med.pressure. Peel hot. Stretch. Wash or as I as Warsh! This is the standard.
Test #3 Print in Photo mode. Press at 375 for 30 seconds. med.pressure. Peel hot. Wash. Cold peel. Stretch. Wash.
Test #4 Print in Photo mode. Press at 375 for 30 seconds. med.pressure. stretch before peeling (member suggestion) Peel hot. Wash.
Test #5 Print in Photo mode. Press at 375 for 30 seconds. med.pressure. Peel hot. Do not stretch. Wash.
I cut up a gilden 2000 100% cotton tee for test. result are coming tonight. Hey I am a busy boy.. Did water test.. already pictures later..

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a lot of talk about JPSS how some people love it and some people may have issues with it. So here is some testing I will be doing.
1. test #1 the old water test. printed 4 square boxes each a different color on JPSS. Placed in glass for 15 minutes.. No color separation.. PS. I am using pigment ink from Ink Republic.
Test #2 print in photo mode. Press at 375 for 30 seconds. med.pressure. Peel hot. Stretch. Wash or as I as Warsh! This is the standard.
Test #3 Print in Photo mode. Press at 375 for 30 seconds. med.pressure. Peel hot. Wash. Cold peel. Stretch. Wash.
Test #4 Print in Photo mode. Press at 375 for 30 seconds. med.pressure. stretch before peeling (member suggestion) Peel hot. Wash.
Test #5 Print in Photo mode. Press at 375 for 30 seconds. med.pressure. Peel hot. Do not stretch. Wash.
I cut up a gilden 2000 100% cotton tee for test. result are coming tonight. Hey I am a busy boy.. Did water test.. already pictures later..
OK, here are photos of 4 different pressing using 4 different methods. I used the same temp. (375) Time (30 seconds) and pressure (med.)
Pic #1 print in photo mode. Press at 375 for 30 seconds. med.pressure. Peel hot. Stretch.
Pic #2 Print in Photo mode. Press at 375 for 30 seconds. med.pressure. stretch before peeling
Pic #3 Print in Photo mode. Press at 375 for 30 seconds. med.pressure. Peel hot. Wash. Cold peel. Stretch.
Pic #4 Print in Photo mode. Press at 375 for 30 seconds. med.pressure. Peel hot. Do not stretch.
I also did video of the process but that need editing so it may be a day or so. Also will complete washing test. In all I had not problems with any of the procedures. The wash test will confirm which is the best way to go. No picture was altered.

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
Thanks for all the work, it looks like there all pretty much the same from the pic anyway. You might have a different opinion seeing them in person though.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the work, it looks like there all pretty much the same from the pic anyway. You might have a different opinion seeing them in person though.
I guess if you go by the results I got from printing I guess they all came out pretty much the same. The one that I did not stretch I want to see what happens after I wash it and then stretch it.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Hi Lou, thanks for the testing... on that cold peel shirt: are you also seeing the slightly waxy film Chani and Rhonda saw? It looks a little like a haze of white on the surface from the picture. Is that what it looks like in person, too, or is it just the pic? At first glance, the pic looks like the girls also did. Thanks so much! :)

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Lou, thanks for the testing... on that cold peel shirt: are you also seeing the slightly waxy film Chani and Rhonda saw? It looks a little like a haze of white on the surface from the picture. Is that what it looks like in person, too, or is it just the pic? At first glance, the pic looks like the girls also did. Thanks so much! :)
The only difference I found was the one I did not stretch was a little heavier in the hand. After I do the wash test and iron we will see if there is any cracking. if it is going to happen I think it will be the one I did not stretch. No wax film

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Not to be the bone in the sphincter but where is the stretch test? This test shows nothing with oem inks and JPSS. Most of us purchased Epson inks initially...based on your recomend. I think it is the cracking more than anything that is freakin folks out. Certainly not a after test in cold water. The real key to JPSS is intense pressure on a 50/50 garments.

Lou....you know better and the test was stacked. We move into this substrate with open eyes and pigment inls from errrr....Epson and thwy dont work quite right. You as a former Epson rep dont use Epson Durabrite inks....why?

The glass of water test is old hat...what oem ink stands up to the heat and pressure of transfer technology?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Not to be the bone in the sphincter but where is the stretch test? This test shows nothing with oem inks and JPSS. Most of us purchased Epson inks initially...based on your recomend. I think it is the cracking more than anything that is freakin folks out. Certainly not a after test in cold water. The real key to JPSS is intense pressure on a 50/50 garments.

Lou....you know better and the test was stacked. We move into this substrate with open eyes and pigment inls from errrr....Epson and thwy dont work quite right. You as a former Epson rep dont use Epson Durabrite inks....why?

The glass of water test is old hat...what oem ink stands up to the heat and pressure of transfer technology?
I have used OEM epson inks on JPSS with the same results posted above so far, I haven't had any issues after several washes. I'm now using a CIS for the money savings, but the OEM Claria inks were great for me. For what it's worth I would never recommend anyone buy OEM inks just because of the cost. You can buy ink at 25% of the cost after the investment of a CIS.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I have used OEM epson inks on JPSS with the same results posted above so far, I haven't had any issues after several washes. I'm now using a CIS for the money savings, but the OEM Claria inks were great for me. For what it's worth I would never recommend anyone buy OEM inks just because of the cost. You can buy ink at 25% of the cost after the investment of a CIS.
Well initially the OEM inks suggested were Epson Durabrite pigment inks. As many folks have mentioned these inks, concerning the yellow pigments alter during the print stage and change during the wash phase. Claria inks arent really the OEM inks talked about much on the threads.

There are some threads about Claria inks...so ya might go take a look at those.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

stacked, no.. I just put a bulk system in my c120 so I did not use durabite. Each of the test was stretched as I indicated except for last one as I wanted to see if it was not stretched and then let to dry and wash would it cause it to crack. I am trying to find the reason why some peole have cracking. The water test was just to see if the inks I used and just started using would come off the JPSS paper. remember I did do this with the iron all and the different printer ink. Durabrite inks by the way do not come in bulk.. Are you saying you would have thought better of the test if I used durabrite? In reality all I am trying to do is find out under the different conditions of removing the paper and peeling and stretching (can't show me stretching in apic but video does.). You tell me what you think would work for you. But to say I stacked it was a bit. By the way I am having my wife wash the test units in hot water as you wished. Thought I would do this then cold. In the video you will see me stretch the cloth before peeling. Also 50/50? sure but what is the percentage of use vrs 100% cotton.
Lou

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I really dont think initially the problem with cracking and fading etc has anything to do with pigment ink. It has everything to do with substrate , printing pressue and where it goes from there. I do remember many folks bought Epson printers because of the Durabrite inks suggestion.

The printers are fine but the ink logic is faulty. The Durabrite inks are pigment but dont generally hold up to heat press conditions. So....where was that test before everyone went out and purchased Durabrite ink printers from Epson?

Now we are supposed to go buy a CIS HT ink system? Why isnt there a diffinitive ink and printer to get the job done?

I am so tired of reading test threads....What is the best ink and printer, paper for the inkjet technology as it stands right now! No slight to you Lou but lets just get it done tonight!

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I really dont think initially the problem with cracking and fading etc has anything to do with pigment ink. It has everything to do with substrate , printing pressue and where it goes from there. I do remember many folks bought Epson printers because of the Durabrite inks suggestion.

The printers are fine but the ink logic is faulty. The Durabrite inks are pigment but dont generally hold up to heat press conditions. So....where was that test before everyone went out and purchased Durabrite ink printers from Epson?

Now we are supposed to go buy a CIS HT ink system? Why isnt there a diffinitive ink and printer to get the job done?

I am so tired of reading test threads....What is the best ink and printer, paper for the inkjet technology as it stands right now! No slight to you Lou but lets just get it done tonight!
You may be right about about the material that is used. may be part of the problem. as I rairly use 50/50 I did not have any here. No your are not to go buy bulk systems. I did get several emails from people telling me they were using the 1400 with ink from Ink Republic and as I just loaded it in my printer I used it. TONIGHT! Yeah I will go right out and buy some 50.50 shirts and durabrite inks... I will take a couple of bricks with me as I will have to enter through the windows... LOL

·
Registered
614 Posts
Lou,

Your time and testing is appreciated by folks on the board. If others arent happy with your testing. They can do there own!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts