T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,everybody. My question is the steps in jpeg to vector. I watched a couple of YouTube videos and I successfully did them in CorelDraw X4. My big confusion is the steps involved. Converting it to black and white, going to line art (twice), remove background, back of page, hairline, no fill, copy and paste again to orginal. Isn't there a more simple way to get to the vector result? It seems so involved. If you had a lot to do...it would take forever. Does anyone know of a shorter way? Or, software that would make it less involved? :confused:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
For one, you would need to post a picture of what you are coming from and what you are going for, for any one of us to give a proper answer.

Some times you could just use the vector program to trace the photo. But the amount of steps really depend on what kind of photo you start with and what you want to end up with.

·
Registered
582 Posts
You could always pay someone else to convert for you if you have a large number.
Save you some time.
Depending on final use, conversion cost would be an acceptable trade off for time to do other things.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I use inkscape for 90% of my conversions from jpg to vector, 5% I redraw with Corel, and the other 5% I outsource out. If it takes me more than 30 mins then I outsource it.

chad

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
The only things that autotrace well are one color high-res png/jpg files without detail, almost everything else I have to hand trace.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Look at my website.. www.lakecountrygraphics.com and click on bitmap to vector.. I do this for people alot and charge pretty reasonable rates. I occassionaly use one or more of the trace programs and then go back in a clean up.. Some of the trace programs leave you with a tough road to seperate into colors for printing. I always like to know how many colors you want to print it in and then I trace it accordingly
dlac

1 - 6 of 6 Posts