T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Jo. I'm new to this forum. I was surfing the web to find information about what type heat transfers make the most professional shirts. That's when I came across this forum. I've been embroidering for a few years, and recently purchased a heat press for t-shirts, and need advise on what is the best transfers. Anyone who can give good advice would be appreciated. By the way, I've been reading some of the forums and what is ace transfer and plasticol, and what's this business about printing onto wax paper and just ironing the ink and not the paper onto the shirt? That sounds interesting.

Jo

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Plasitol transers will give you the best quality as they are screen printed transfers. In my opinion they are the best professional transfer to use. Here is a thread that tells a great deal about them http://www.t-shirtforums.com/t-shirt-crossover-diary-heat-press-newbie/t13454.html, Here is another thread that explains how they are made http://www.t-shirtforums.com/t-shirt-crossover-diary-heat-press-newbie/t13204.html. This should give you a good idea of how they work and how they are made.

There is also the option of doing heat pressed vinyl if you are only doing one color designs, although it does require a cutter for the vinyl. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask :) And I almost forgot, Welcome to the forums Jo.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
First, welcome to the madness :)

Plastisol transfers are screen printing onto a release paper that you can then heat press onto garments. Rodney's thread above shows pictures of the process as well as numerous samples he obtained from various vendors and it's a tremendous help. I've been using Elastoflex transfers from Ace that we're pressing onto the back of polyester jackets for a local hockey team and they are working out very nicely. The amount of info on these type of stuff here is mind-boggling :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts