T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a short term job performed and am willing to pay well for it. I've posted on forums and a freelance site but I can not seem to get my issue solved. I need a custom PPD created/modified for a WorkForce 7010 Linux driver. I'm hoping someone can help or even point me into the right direction.

What I need is the ability to print a 1) Custom page size with the 2) with borderless printing option. The problem is that on the WF-7010 series printers, I can either do a custom page size and loose the borderless option all together (regardless of the size, even if manually set to a standard size the option for borderless is no longer available), or I can choose a Standard page size and therefore use the borderless option. The problem is that I can not do both.

I've tried playing around with customizing windows to include custom page sizes, I've tried using similar drivers in windows and a few other things with no avail.. so I moved to using CUPS on Linux, specifically Ubuntu. I've been able to Modify the drivers PPD file to include my "custom" page sizes as a standard one but the printer fails to print. I believe I'm missing something, so I need someone familiar with PPDs.

That's basically it, I believe if I get a valid and working PPD file created then I will be able to do what I need to and that is all I ask.

If you're interested please let me know and I can provide you with much more information, including the PPD file that needs modifications and the one that I was working on. Also, you should not need my specific printer to test, if you can modify the file then I can test it. Also, the PPD will be the same for any WF-7XXX series printer so if it works for you using that class, it'll work for me.

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
I need a short term job performed and am willing to pay well for it. I've posted on forums and a freelance site but I can not seem to get my issue solved. I need a custom PPD created/modified for a WorkForce 7010 Linux driver. I'm hoping someone can help or even point me into the right direction.

What I need is the ability to print a 1) Custom page size with the 2) with borderless printing option. The problem is that on the WF-7010 series printers, I can either do a custom page size and loose the borderless option all together (regardless of the size, even if manually set to a standard size the option for borderless is no longer available), or I can choose a Standard page size and therefore use the borderless option. The problem is that I can not do both.

I've tried playing around with customizing windows to include custom page sizes, I've tried using similar drivers in windows and a few other things with no avail.. so I moved to using CUPS on Linux, specifically Ubuntu. I've been able to Modify the drivers PPD file to include my "custom" page sizes as a standard one but the printer fails to print. I believe I'm missing something, so I need someone familiar with PPDs.

That's basically it, I believe if I get a valid and working PPD file created then I will be able to do what I need to and that is all I ask.

If you're interested please let me know and I can provide you with much more information, including the PPD file that needs modifications and the one that I was working on. Also, you should not need my specific printer to test, if you can modify the file then I can test it. Also, the PPD will be the same for any WF-7XXX series printer so if it works for you using that class, it'll work for me.
Before you get carried away with this I believe there is bug in the firmware regarding borderless printing, I know one user reporting on this here or in the inkjet transfer forum here before, it happens on Windows as well. Suggest you search for this topic here. It could be your PPD is correct but just the printer is buggy for that feature.

CUPS.org

I didn't see a forum but there is a mailing list ... maybe you don't want to get immersed in the compiler but you can probably find a suitable geek there if you confirm this is not inherent to the printer.

·
Registered
6,428 Posts

Here is a link for one of the reports of border printing issues, I don't know if related or not.

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/dye-sublimation/t213051-2.html#post1240920

"The 7010 is a good printer for its price, though there are some issues you have to get used to. One, which apparently only a few people have (or notice), is that on Plain paper settings you can't reliably print to the ends of the page without the printer prematurely ejecting the paper before the last passes of the print head. I had hoped the recent firmware update would fix the problem, but it didn't. It causes a banding at the end at the last 1/2" of the print. The problem doesn't occur if you don't print near to the edges of the paper."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.