T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know everyone is suggesting JPSS for lites and IronAll or AlphaGold for darks but i want to buy something a little less expensive to begin with while im learning.

is JetWear Double Green Line and JetWear Hot Peel good alternatives to JPSS?

is JetWear Dark a good alternative to IronAll and AlphaGold?

i still want to make quality shirts but not so expensive while i go through the trial and error process. anyone NOT recommend these transfer papers?

i want to place an order on tss.com tonight and any suggestions will help. i also plan to get a sample pack or two.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Ask for the sample packs, it is what I just now am trying.
I think Kelly (GirlznDollz)said Jetwear is the name they give to AlphaGold, so basically it is the same paper with different names.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Ask for the sample packs, it is what I just now am trying.
I think Kelly (GirlznDollz)said Jetwear is the name they give to AlphaGold, so basically it is the same paper with different names.
Good luck.
Hi Marcelo, :).

Yes, eAZie, this is the information Mike from tshirtsupplies posted.
I will get you the link. :)
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-press-heat-transfers/t56055.html#post337316

There are a few posts in the thread after this one that explain more about the paper, but yes, Mike says the JetWear Dark is the same paper. Just like Ironall gets many names, the same is applying here. According to Mike, both JetWear Dark and Alpha Gold Dark are the same paper, Neenah's Jet-Opaque. :)

As far as a substitute for JPSS, there is none. JPSS is in a class by itself, imo. So I am not recommending those other papers! Lol.

eAZie, I kind of don't understand why you don't want to use the papers most people recommend as the best, even right from the start. If you mess around with less quality papers, you're only going to learn one thing, buy quality papers! Seriously, quality papers will teach you what a quality job looks like. You won't save money using the other papers because your work will be substandard to what you really can produce.

If it's to use while you learn to press, learn to press, but with the good papers. Some inferior papers can really mess up your outcome, only leading to frustration.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to add.

If you need help pressing, heres a link:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-press-heat-transfers/t39007.html#post229735

There is nothing more satisfying than a nicely pressed transfer with a quality paper. Good luck to you, eAZie and.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks kelly, thats good to know they are the same as far as darks...just confused. i will be getting the jpss too.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Hey, hey!!! Good for you, eAZie. I know the JPSS is great. Just got a sample of the Alpha Gold/JetWear (its the paper from alpha supply, so techinically - it's alpha for me, lol) So I'll be giving that a try so I can see what every one is talking about. :) Hope your prints come out great, and have fun.:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
eAZie,

I agree with Kelly, JPSS is in a class by itself. It cost a little more, but well worth it. I have used it for 6 months now and have yet to have a problem. I received a call yesterday from a person who had seen a shirt I had done with JPSS. He thought it was screenprinting and wanted to know what my screen set up pricing was so he could get some shirts done. That's how good this paper is. Get a sample pack and test the different types and you will see what we mean.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Todd, wow that is excellent! First about the awesome confustion JPSS caused, lol, be taken for screen, and two: good for you, it got you business! That's amazing, tho, they wanted your screen charges. :D

Hey, thank you for some long term feedback. JPSS still kind of new'ish for all of us, so you know, hearing the shirt got you that call is really excellent to hear. I know 'I' love JPSS, but if customers are calling with a Q like that, man, heat transfer paper is coming a long way! Thanks for sharing. I'm sure I'll be passing that info on and probably be showing folks your post! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts