T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I am entirely new to this t-shirt business. Before I visit this site I've already gone great lengths and got up with a good start - everything from buying the pratical heating press (HIX HT400), shirts, printers (C86 with Durabite and bulk ink) and Jetwear (Green and Dark) transfer papers. I even did the color managements through ICC profiles (on a Dell laptop - a NIGHTMARE!) and getting the exact pressing pressure and time without cracking (385 in around 18 seconds). The first time I did it, I almost put my head onto the platen.

Then, something has struck me. The Green Lines produce images that are TOO GREEN! This is with Durabite, and this goes with every Green Line paper. Talk about COLOR MANAGEMENT! Has this happened with others, and is there anything I can do to get around it?

I already have bought 100 copies of these. While I can simply be 'creative' to compensate this problem, the fact that the problem is the least I expected has pissed me off quite a bit. I haven't tried the Darkwear. Will try one tomorrow. I would also like to know what transfer paper works best with Durabite inks.

I've also bought this Armur ink (with the bulk-feed) from bestblanks.com, don't know the quality, but I would like the above problem solved first before doing anything.

HELP ME!!! :)

EDIT: Today I went on and peeled out the backing although it doesn't say it in the instructions. Perhaps that is the culpit. However I can only test it tonight...

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
When I saw the topic I was ready to recommend chaing the color profiles, but since you did that already I really don't know for sure. (You changed it to -15, +5, +5 I take it?) You might try messing with the color profiles some more to see if anything else works better...

I use the Transjet II/Magic Jet paper with Durabrite and I haven't had any problems (photographs and thin black lines had a yellowing effect, but changing the color profiles fixed that perfectly).

You might also want to try the Magic Mix inks from personalizedsupplies.com and see if those work any better for you; They are designed to work well for transfers specifically (and require no color profile adjustments).

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I have used jetwear green line transfer paper for a year and have never experienced what you are describing. Does the image look green on the paper before you transfer it? If so, it is probably the ink you are using. Otherwise, the paper might not be 'real' jetwear paper. Alot of companies sell paper with a green line on the back that is not actually made by jetwear.

When I started out, everyone told me to use jetwear paper. Now, alot of people are reccomending transjet paper. If you continue to have problems, you might want to consider switching to transjet as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Twinge, the words "it looks fine on the paper" has confirmed the problem. THANK YOU!

It is exactly what you've described. A certain green tint in every image AFTER transferring, and I guess yellow is involved also because it's lime green. I've used the color management (the ICCs, ie. Adobe RGB 1998, etc.) but not the printer prefrences (the color profiles). I'll try that immediately.

At the very least I am GLAD that it isn't the paper or the ink. I didn't waste my $200 :)

The paper is legit - the Jetwear has a trademark beside it. While we can always say they forged it but that's a huge fine they're risking.

EDIT: I've tried the printer preferences set to -15, +5, +5. It is much less green now, however it is still noticeable. I am going to change to my bulk ink tomorrow and see if there's any different. Another thing that strikes me is that there is no 't-shirt transfer' medium for the C86...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Twinge said:
When I saw the topic I was ready to recommend chaing the color profiles, but since you did that already I really don't know for sure. (You changed it to -15, +5, +5 I take it?)
Forgive my ignorance, but I too am having a green tint problem using the C86 Epson printer (durabrite inks) and greenline paper, and don't know how to make the adjustments quoted above. Where do I go to make the adjustments. If it is where I have looked, there were more color options than 3, so which ones need changing and which ones don't?

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts