T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Indeed i am using dye ink i just found out after i search for my printers ink, im planning on buying a pigment printer now, canon pro-10. Is it good?
You don't need to purchase a new printer. You can buy replacement inks and cartridges for pigment inks to use in your current printer. Someone else can offer suggestions on where to purchase and what types. The last time I did this I bought Armur inks from BestBlanks.com and they worked nicely. I think I might try Cobra inks this time because they get such high praise on this forum.

· Registered
4,496 Posts
You don't need to purchase a new printer. You can buy replacement inks and cartridges for pigment inks to use in your current printer. Someone else can offer suggestions on where to purchase and what types. The last time I did this I bought Armur inks from BestBlanks.com and they worked nicely. I think I might try Cobra inks this time because they get such high praise on this forum.
Yes, this^. Assuming third party refillable carts and inks are available for your printer brand/model.

Cobra inks do have the advantage of having printer profiles available.

FYI Some OEM inks (like Epson's) shift color when heated. You can compensate for that to some extent by making adjustments to the color balance in the print dialog. Or use inks like Cobra that are made for this process and don't shift color.

· Registered
4,496 Posts
But im in japan and i use japan printer, it says on cobra that they dont guarantee if the cartridges will work on non u.s printer. My printer now is epson ep880a
Yes, that is because the companies sometimes localize their products to make them incompatible with those of other parts of the world to limit gray market sales across regions. If you do get third-party cartridges, NEVER let the Epson software update the BIOs on the printer. Epson does that in order to upload new BIOs that are incompatible with third-party cartridges.

· Registered
4,496 Posts
Ok thank you guys, but what do you think about canon pro-10? Because my last resort is buying that printer.
Most people seem to use Epson for this sort of thing. I don't have experience or knowledge of the Canon, so can't comment on its suitability. Hopefully someone with such knowledge/experience will chime in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.