T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I buy a roll of Jetpro SS can I use a roland to trim around my logos or is SS a single layer paper which means I have to put something on the back

Rob

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
If I buy a roll of Jetpro SS can I use a roland to trim around my logos or is SS a single layer paper which means I have to put something on the back

Rob
JPSS is a single layer paper. So, yes you would need a backing. remember you have to mirror you image. Lou

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Rob there are people out there that don't use backing. You can set your cutter so it just cut though the top and not the paper. Then just weed it and press it does take some time to set the pressure hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Rob there are people out there that don't use backing. You can set your cutter so it just cut though the top and not the paper. Then just weed it and press it does take some time to set the pressure hope this helps.
he was asking aboput JPSS not opaque. It is a single sheet. there is no top and bottom. That is only opaque paper

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts

Rob

JPSS/Jetprosofstretch is a two-ply paper, so you can cut it without something on back (no carrier sheet). Although some folks still prefer to use one to prevent an accidental cut thru, or to make lining up easier.

Here is a thread and quote from it:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-press-heat-transfers/t38240-4.html#post236911

Chani said:
I actually did this test BEFORE I realized that JPSS was a 2-ply transfer paper. If this were IronAll, for instance, you would NEED a carrier sheet like Magic Mask.

Even with JPSS I prefer to cut all the way through the paper and weed that because it's easier and faster for me to line my transfer up, but you're right, with JPSS, you can just cut through the polymer and weed that.
I hope this answer is on track to what you question is. :)

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
JPSS/Jetprosofstretch is a two-ply paper, so you can cut it without something on back (no carrier sheet). Although some folks still prefer to use one to prevent an accidental cut thru, or to make lining up easier.

Here is a thread and quote from it:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-press-heat-transfers/t38240-4.html#post236911

I hope this answer is on track to what you question is. :)
What.. JET Pro Sof Stretch is not a 2 ply. I am sitting her with a piece in my hand and no way does this paper come apart. I don't know of any hot peel paper that is a 2 ply. You print mirrored image and apply face down and remove paper and only image comes off.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I have cut and weed this paper on the cutter. It will make it hard to line up but you can do this and others here are doing it!

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
What.. JET Pro Sof Stretch is not a 2 ply. I am sitting her with a piece in my hand and no way does this paper come apart. I don't know of any hot peel paper that is a 2 ply. You print mirrored image and apply face down and remove paper and only image comes off.

That comes direct from Chani in her testing. Lou, why not drop her a pm and ask her about it for when she signs on. She says she discovered it during her testing. Others have mentioned it as well. Just passing the posts over to Robert...

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I have cut and weed this paper on the cutter. It will make it hard to line up but you can do this and others here are doing it!
Without any backing???? If you place this paper JPSS on a cutter the blade will cut the paper. This is a one ply paper. You need to get you facts straight. If you place a backing or mask then you can. But not by its self.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
here is one just did by hand I still need to set up my machine had flood in my basement and just finished clean up now just setting every thing back up

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Without any backing???? If you place this paper JPSS on a cutter the blade will cut the paper. This is a one ply paper. You need to get you facts straight. If you place a backing or mask then you can. But not by its self.

Lou, I know you may not believe it, but really, you should talk to Chani. Here is another quote from that same thread, she gives the directions on how to achieve this. It's a really good thread:

Chani said:
But here's the thing...there are two ways of going about cutting JPSS. WITH a carrier, and without. It was mentioned earlier in this thread that you don't actually need to use a carrier with JPSS because it's already two-ply. I didn't realize that when I started this thread. :eek: So you can set your machine to a low downforce like 30g, use a 60 degree blade, and cut through just the polymer, weed that, and press! :)

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Lou, I know you may not believe it, but really, you should talk to Chani. Here is another quote from that same thread, she gives the directions on how to achieve this. It's a really good thread:
However I think all that you are doing is cutting into the paper. It is still not a two ply paper. it may be thick enough that you do not cut all the way through the paper but that does not make it a two ply. it just makes it a thick enough paper that you can cut into it. A distributor of this paper would never tell a customer it is a 2 ply paper. It would be misleading. If you are able to cut into it then great that it works and that may be great info but again it is not a two ply paper. Opaque transfer paper is a 2 ply paper.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Ok every one have nice day I have other things to do.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts

Rob

Okay, here is the thing. Rob asked if JPSS can be cut without something on the back ... The answer is now a yes.

However it is happening, however Chani discovered it, or however it can or can't be written in technical terms... I think the fact that Chani, David, and others are cutting it without a backer is what Robert needed to know.

So, I think ... job well done on this thread. :)

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
It is just like Opaque paper here is the pic of the back of JPSS when peeled from the paper it is just like Opaque and vinyl when weeding it.
There is a big difference between tearing a paper from around a design and clearly separating a paper into 2 clean Pisces like you would with vinyl and opaque. I can take a piece of card board and cut into it and remove a layer that is cut because it is thick enough to do this. But it is not 2 ply card board. You are misleading a lot of people by calling JTSS a 2 ply paper. If some one calls me and orders this paper from me and ask if it is a 2 ply paper I will not tell them it is. It would be a lie. Can they cut into it with a cutter as you guys say then yes, some of you have. But I would still not tell them this because it just could cause a person to think they could do this easily and mess up a lot of paper. By the way call the manufacture. They will tell you it is not a 2 ply paper. If you want to be fair then say it can be cut into and paper removed around the design.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts