T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on the forums used both of these products and is able to give me their honest opinions?

I'd like to know which of these two transfer papers you think gives the best looking and most durable results? I'm guessing that as the Subli-Flex is sublimated to, as opposed to being printed on with an inkjet printer like the JetPro, that the Subli-Flex would be the most durable, but what about the look and feel?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great Question,
I am hoping some of the pros chime in soon to answer your question.
I am interested in the durability comparison for commercial use on cotton black shirts.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
jpss is far more durable, but is limited to light color garments
jpss has a far better hand, but is limited to light color garments
jpss is far cheaper, but is limited to light color garments
jpss is breathable on the garment, but is limited to light color garments

what else do you need to know?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Into the T
Dear Sir,
Wow, When I asked for a pro to chime in,
I was not expecting one of the top daily contributors to this forum.
I realize your are a professional in this field and your time is extremely valuable.
I feel uncomfortable asking such a broad and elementary question, but after doing 9 hours of research yesterday my eyes are crossed and my brain is scrambled.
In regards to heat press methods. No DTG, No Screen-Print, No HTV.
(Questions)
1.What is the longest lasting, most colorful, commercially viable, production method for 50/50 to 100% cotton black shirts.
2.What is the longest lasting, most colorful, commercially viable, production method for 50/50 to 100% cotton white shirts.

If you could just inform me of the method I can figure out the details.
I do not want you to have to write a whole book on this seemingly elementary subject.
Just a short answer will be fine.

I thought about posting this question to the forum, but seems when others do,
They get all kinds of answers from one end of the T-shirt universe to the other with no clear cut answers.

Thank You Sincerely for your time and expertise. Tommy

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I realize your are a professional in this field and your time is extremely valuable.

In regards to heat press methods. No DTG, No Screen-Print, No HTV.
(Questions)
1.What is the longest lasting, most colorful, commercially viable, production method for 50/50 to 100% cotton black shirts.
2.What is the longest lasting, most colorful, commercially viable, production method for 50/50 to 100% cotton white shirts.
my time is really not that valuable

both questions can be answered thusly:
  • get the best heat-press you can afford
  • order plastisol transfers from versatranz or 613 originals
  • go to michael's and buy a cameo cutter and purchase some thermoflex plus (use this for pet projects/numbers/names/etc.)

keep it simple
keep your equipment costs/time to a minimum to start with
worst case is you keep it local with a personal touch and still make some $
don't chase anybody, be unique and honest (they will come, your name can be worth its weight in gold)

all the best in your search

·
Registered
5 Posts
Into the T
Thank You Sir,

The personable and professional answers you have given I consider to be golden and I completely agree with every word.

I have been doing lots of research these last few months in regards to production methods.
I am thinking your suggestion of using plastisol transfers is the right method for me at this point in time.
I needed a simple production method that will last, or almost last, as long as the life of the garment.

My business model depends on returning satisfied Customers, Distributors and Business Partners.
Therefore long lasting quality is the upmost importance.

I believe each Individuals Business Model must play to there strengths, and realize there weaknesses.
In my case for the moment.

My Individual strengths are Business planning, Marketing and Sales, with a touch of creativity.
I wrote my business / marketing plan long before I ever decided on the product of Garment Decoration.

My weaknesses are knowledge of production methods and Licensing.

Would it be ok if I send you a private message in regards to a question I have?
I do not feel comfortable mentioning company names or products publicly.

Thank You Sir, Into The T
And thanks to everyone who reads and responds.
Hope you all have a great day, with everything going your way.

Sincerely, Tommy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts