T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using Jetpro softstretch paper for lights on white t-shirts that are 100% cotton. I am pre-heating the shirt for 5 seconds then pressing the the design on medium to high pressure for 15 seconds and I also tried 30 seconds at 375 F. Please look at the picture and let me know what I can do to correct this problem.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
A bit more information needed, what kind of printer are you using and what type of inks?

Katrina

·
Registered
506 Posts
I am using Jetpro softstretch paper for lights on white t-shirts that are 100% cotton. I am pre-heating the shirt for 5 seconds then pressing the the design on medium to high pressure for 15 seconds and I also tried 30 seconds at 375 F. Please look at the picture and let me know what I can do to correct this problem.

Thanks!
The first thing I would try is more pressure and keep the pressing time at 30 sec @ 375. 15 secs is not nearly enough time.

Check your printer settings. I use an Epson printer and one of the settings is text & graphics. I use this setting because any photo setting uses to much ink. Try some different settings with the inks.

I can't tell for sure based on this photo but it looks like the shirt may have some ribbing in it. JPSS works best with a tight weave shirt. I have used Gildan 2000 and Anvil 979. Both are heavy weight (6.1 oz) and work well. I printed 20 of the Anvils today. It seems to be a better quality shirt than the Gildan in my opinion. I have sold a lot of Gildan and have not had any customer complaints. All the Gildans I have used are slightly frayed after a few washes. I have not made any personal shirts using the Anvil so I can't compare after wash quality yet. I has an extra after todays job so I'll do some testing.

Heat transfer boils down to 3 things...time, temp and pressure. Work on those and see what happens. Good luck and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Okay you are using an Epson which is good so I would concentrate on the pressing. I have never done JPSS for 15 seconds, my instructions say 20-30 seconds at 350-375. As the above poster said also check you printer settings. Also, I happen to use medium to firm pressure when I press my shirts. I also use the same Gildan so I am thinking that is not your problem. I would tweak the temp and the pressure as well as check the printer settings.

Katrina

1 - 7 of 7 Posts