T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Registered
928 Posts
I among many others members of the forums have t-shirtsupplies as our favorite JPSS supplier.
But like I said in my previous post, it would be a good idea to contact them and ask them about it.
But all in all I think you are safe :)

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chani, thats what I did. The backing and polymer tear together! Its frustrating. I know thats what t-shirtsupplies.com says on their website but the product looks different. First, I'm worried that I mess up my first client and secondly got a generic. Just caught me off guard. Maybe I'm overly cautious.

· Registered
2,398 Posts
I'm not sure what to say, then. Did you also try to lift a corner? You may poke through it, but it should help you lift it. JPSS is a two-ply media, whereas most papers for lights aren't.

Other than that, I really can't help with this one. Sorry. :(

· Registered
4,158 Posts
Lou has a trick for that. Tear your sheet a little. The backer will tear, and your polymer shouldn't. Either that, or you could take something pointy and see if you can lift a corner with it.
actually it was kelly and Mr david that told me you were the one that found you can seperate the paper. I did what you described on opaque paper. I questioned that it could be done with JPSs but found out I was wrong. That said I would not want to do that unless I was using my gx24. Otherwise a lot of work. Now as for the back of the paper. My paper is clearly marked JetPro Sofstretch. My supplier told me (major) they never heard of JPSS being marked any other way. I think some one did a thread on this. Mike may be requesting his paper this way. I am one that calls a Ford a Ford. I trust the emblem on the front tells me what I have. Actually I have a saturn. Lou

· Registered
928 Posts
I think I should insist, take an old/test t-shirt, white, print something in the suspected JPSS, transfer it, and see the results. Stretch the t-shirt, it should not crack.
Good luck

· Registered
928 Posts
actually it was kelly and Mr david that told me you were the one that found you can seperate the paper. I did what you described on opaque paper. I questioned that it could be done with JPSs but found out I was wrong. That said I would not want to do that unless I was using my gx24. Otherwise a lot of work. Now as for the back of the paper. My paper is clearly marked JetPro Sofstretch. My supplier told me (major) they never heard of JPSS being marked any other way. I think some one did a thread on this. Mike may be requesting his paper this way. I am one that calls a Ford a Ford. I trust the emblem on the front tells me what I have. Actually I have a saturn. Lou
Well I just found out (thank to this thread) my package of 11x17 JPSS has no marks, I have not used it yet, but tomorrow I will have to try one.

· Registered
129 Posts
The blue grid at the back is printed after the jumbo roll is slit down to sheets. If your supplier is in a hurry for stock, then they may not have time to wait for the manufacturer to print the grid lines.

Alternatively what sometimes happens is that the manufacturer has printed this paper for another customer with a line instead of the grid, and when your supplier needs stock urgently, they take this stock instead of waiting for stock to be printed with the squares.

As long as you're buying from a reputable supplier, the print on the back is meaningless.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.