T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the transfer paper Jet Wear for darks, and the high gloss Jet Wear for darks - or is this another name for Ironall Darks transfer paper?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've used jetwear for darks before, I don't remeber who I bought it from or if it was high gloss or not. But I know I didn't like it. It sucked to be frank. It didn't wash well for my customers. I've switched over to Hyatt for my darks and lights. It's a little more expensive but I love it. It washes great!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
.......I've switched over to Hyatt for my darks and lights. It's a little more expensive but I love it. It washes great!
So where do you purchase your "Hyatt for darks & lights" ??

Do you have their web address or any other information about this paper??

What does the "backing" look like......,i.e.,....their name stamped on the back?, or colored lines stamped on the back?....????

also....do you use this paper w/ inkjet pigment ink ?

What are your temps, pressure and press times with this paper?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Never mind... I contacted the company and they informed me that the paper is IRONALL for darks

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I've used jetwear for darks before, I don't remeber who I bought it from or if it was high gloss or not. But I know I didn't like it. It sucked to be frank. It didn't wash well for my customers. I've switched over to Hyatt for my darks and lights. It's a little more expensive but I love it. It washes great!
Jet wear is not Iron all for darks.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I thought jet wear for darks and Alpha gold were the same product, just sold by different names. ... JB
A FEW MONTHS ago I was told that AGFD and JETWEAR Dark were the same paper .......
I was told this by someone at tshirtsupplies.com
(I love this company!!!):)

I do not know if this is true as of TODAY.......??

Alpha has their paper marked in a different way....with their name printed on the back as well as what THEY choose to "name' the paper.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
OPAQUE PAPER with ORANGE LINE on the back.....(meaning the same paper)

INKTRA OPAQUE ----- sold by STAHLS
JETWEAR DARK-------sold by Tshirtsupplies.com
JET DARK------------sold by Costal

Can anyone please add to this "ORANGE LINE on the back" list????

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
A FEW MONTHS ago I was told that AGFD and JETWEAR Dark were the same paper .......
I was told this by someone at tshirtsupplies.com
(I love this company!!!):)

I do not know if this is true as of TODAY.......??

Alpha has their paper marked in a different way....with their name printed on the back as well as what THEY choose to "name' the paper.
I was told the other day in a conference call that the paper is manufactured and then private labeled for sale under several names. I know there will be many changes coming soon. I can't elaborate, but be assured changes are on the horizon. .... JB

·
Registered
985 Posts
A couple of weeks back I ordered a sample pack of JetWear Dark Gloss from t-shirtsupplies.com, and I liked it, so last Sunday I ordered a pack (I think 50pcs) and it arrived today.
I didn't do a wash test yet.. so hope it will hold up very well.
By the way I didn't notice a difference between JetWear for Dark and JetWear for Dark gloss (or glossy) regarding the image printed on it, the glossy didn't look particularly glossy :)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
A couple of weeks back I ordered a sample pack of JetWear Dark Gloss from t-shirtsupplies.com, and I liked it, so last Sunday I ordered a pack (I think 50pcs) and it arrived today.
I didn't do a wash test yet.. so hope it will hold up very well.
By the way I didn't notice a difference between JetWear for Dark and JetWear for Dark gloss (or glossy) regarding the image printed on it, the glossy didn't look particularly glossy :)

JETWEAR DARK HI-GLOSS------BLUE GRID PAPER

JETWEAR DARK --------------ORANGE LINES

two different papers

·
Registered
985 Posts
JETWEAR DARK HI-GLOSS------BLUE GRID PAPER

JETWEAR DARK --------------ORANGE LINES

two different papers
Thank you, what I meant was there was not difference once printed, and after pressed. But I only pressed a couple of each anyways. And yes they had orange lines one and blue grid the other.
So now it is test time !
Thank you :)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts

I think you can put a TEFLON sheet over top and press for a few seconds (like 3-5) after the first pressing.....that will make both look glossy.

I was reading on here the other day about someone who used the 'shiny side' of the opaque backing to make the transfer look glossy....cool , huh!?
(You know, when you peel the printed image away from the paper you can see a "shiny" side)

I think it also matters how you peel the silicone paper ..... hot or cold........??

Reactions: marcelolopez

·
Registered
985 Posts
I think you can put a TEFLON sheet over top and press for a few seconds (like 3-5) after the first pressing.....that will make both look glossy.

I was reading on here the other day about someone who used the 'shiny side' of the opaque backing to make the transfer look glossy....cool , huh!?
(You know, when you peel the printed image away from the paper you can see a "shiny" side)

I think it also matters how you peel the silicone paper ..... hot or cold........??
I peeled cold, and then tried the old trick of the teflon and the edges of the transfer were lifted by the teflon :eek:
Also I will pay attention to the "shinny" side too.
I am just now starting to use (or will start to use) this paper.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I peeled cold, and then tried the old trick of the teflon and the edges of the transfer were lifted by the teflon :eek:
Also I will pay attention to the "shinny" side too.
I am just now starting to use (or will start to use) this paper.
I do think that you have to either do the "first" press with the Teflon...not silicone paper...then immediately peel Teflon when HOT...be careful...it will burn your fingers.

OR... press as normal(w/ S' Paper) then Teflon and peel IMMEDIATELY....I read that if Teflon is peeled any later than this it can "stick"....???

I need to try to go and find the thread that talks about all of this..... I forget so easily these days.... LOL

AND....I really don't like the shiny look most of the time.
(although I did purchase some "dazzle-trans" a while back just in case!!LOL!!!)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts