T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have been making shirts for about 5-6 years. I read the forum from this account and another and have been doing so for years. We all know that JET PRO SS is for LIGHT COLORS. I have only used it for white other than trying it on black as a novice lol. I would like to ask the the community which colors have you successfully used JETPRO SS with? What exactly is "light?" I am curious, but also think it is a good thread to have available to the T-Shirt Forum Community. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
do you have a cutter capable of print and cut?

here is an older thread where i post some results and ideas for different color garments with jpss

if you have any questions post in this thread and i will try to help

i like your new logo (i don't recall seeing that last time you posted)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. the logo thing. I never updated my profile at all. I decided while i was doing some graphic work to put it up. I am usually viewing from a phone, but on my laptop. I do have a cutter for print and cut. I will check out the link.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
I Have been making shirts for about 5-6 years. I read the forum from this account and another and have been doing so for years. We all know that JET PRO SS is for LIGHT COLORS. I have only used it for white other than trying it on black as a novice lol. I would like to ask the the community which colors have you successfully used JETPRO SS with? What exactly is "light?" I am curious, but also think it is a good thread to have available to the T-Shirt Forum Community. Thanks in advance
Self explanatory... it can be used on any light color. Cream, light grey, pink, etc.
Just keep in mind that that the fabric color will alter the colors of the design, AND you have to contour cut unprinted areas.

A more appropriate description for transfers would be "translucent" and "opaque".
The JETPRO SS is translucent.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Self explanatory... it can be used on any light color. Cream, light grey, pink, etc.
Just keep in mind that that the fabric color will alter the colors of the design, AND you have to contour cut unprinted areas.

A more appropriate description for transfers would be "translucent" and "opaque".
The JETPRO SS is translucent.
Yeah I am very familiar. I just haven't tried using JPSS on any other colors other than white. Just curious the exact colors other members have successfully JPSS with.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Yeah I am very familiar. I just haven't tried using JPSS on any other colors other than white. Just curious the exact colors other members have successfully JPSS with.
It's just like mixing colors.
Blue on a yellow shirt will turn green, and red orange.
Blue on a grey shirt will turn dark blue, and red will become dark red.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
looking back at the pictures and posts in the thread i posted above, i really should have added some more tests in there

here is a different idea to test:
  • you definitely benefit form a black/very dark background
  • print a larger full black background of your design on the jpss and let it dry fully (give it 30 minutes)
  • put your jpss back into the printer and print your designs, again let it dry
  • do a quick trim with scissors leaving a little black edge all the way around your design (this also helps in emphasizing the design on colored tee's other than white)
  • press and peel, light stretch, repress and re-stretch, do not wash for 24 hours, then do multiple wash dry cycles

i will try the above when i get time and post here the results (as can anybody else testing jpss on colored garments)

·
Registered
6 Posts
do you have a cutter capable of print and cut?

here is an older thread where i post some results and ideas for different color garments with jpss

if you have any questions post in this thread and i will try to help

i like your new logo (i don't recall seeing that last time you posted)
You mentioned a cutter with print and cut capabilities. I am wondering if this is the solution I am looking for. I am fairly new to this world and up to this point have been ordering plastisol transfers to heat press since my orders have been larger orders. I am trying to figure out the best way to print and heat press smaller orders at home. I currently have a laser printer (Brother 4570CDW) and a Epson InkJet ET-2750. Neither of them print very vibrant colors and I am struggling to find self-weeding heat transfer paper (I print on light and dark garments).

Wondering if you could help answer some questions for me:
1. If I got a different type of ink for the inkjet printer, would that improve the color and vibrancy?
2. Are there good self-weeding papers? If so, which would you recommend?
3. Am I just better off getting a cutter with print and cut capabilities (if so, any recommendations)?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide. I have been doing as much research as possible and can't seem to find the solutions to my questions.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
you can try jetpro sofstretch in the pigment printer, it is only for lights (the compromise being you continue ordering plastisol for the darks)
it will only cost you about $10 to trial since you have the printer and the heat press
check this and this and this thread out for more info

for the brother laser printer i would suggest the imagelip for lights and darks
again order a small sample of each to trial
see here and here for lights and here and here for darks

continue doing what you do and i think you and your customers will be satisfied with one of the lights,
the laser darks may or may not work for you (forget about pigment darks)
if you find your trials of the darks is working out ok, dig a little deeper by searching in the laser sub-forum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.