T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems I remember someone had a post about jet pro opaque! I was wondering if anyone has used this paper? If so, what were their results! I bring it up because I had another post looking for "promotion products" and a member told me to look at Casiqlt.com for the other items and I seen it ther. Can anyone give any info on this paper?

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
There is a paper called Jet Pro, and then also a paper called Jetpro Sofstretch.

They are two different papers.

Jetprosofstretch (JPSS) is the paper that folks are raving about at the moment, stretchy, soft hand, no cracking or peeling. At this time (Sept 08) there is no dark/opaque version of this paper.

Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
It seems I remember someone had a post about jet pro opaque! I was wondering if anyone has used this paper? If so, what were their results! I bring it up because I had another post looking for "promotion products" and a member told me to look at Casiqlt.com for the other items and I seen it ther. Can anyone give any info on this paper?
Maybe you are looking for Jet Opaque Transfer Paper?

Here is a link to a video tutorial on the Jet Opaque Paper...
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLM1rDAliIw[/media]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello tee shirt forum people.....

My name is Joe Mica. I have been in embroidery for about 6 years now and I'm pretty good at it.. I do my own digitizing. One thing that I never have done is steer a novice the wrong way... I'm just getting into vinyl heat press, vnyl sign and ink jet transfer paper... So far the ink transfer is very good for use on light colored shirts... I have been using jet pro SS on 100% poly shirts with excellent results... The people who are advocating Jetpro 11 Opaque are just trying to get rid of their stock... It is terrible. Feels like a sheet of plastic on your skin... I weeded a 10.5"" x 4" soaring eagle that I vectorized in corel draw and pressed it with heavy pressure for 30 sec. at 350 deg... Wasted a really good shirt.... It looks good, stuck to the 100% poly nicely but, heavy plastic feel and not the quality that comes out of my shop....I'm new at this technique, maybe I did it wrong. BTW the the lettering over the eagle was done with CadCut Premium, excellent results.... If there is a quality opaque paper out there please let me know....My jerPro11 opaque is going in the trash....
Just my advice for someone looking to waste their money on JetPro11 opaque....
My 2c
Joe Mica

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
I agree. Most opaque feels like raincoat. So I only use it for family and relative shirts. That is kinda mean but the shirts are free.

Besides inkjet printer will clog and that's the next thing that can go wrong. I trashed 4 printers large and small footprints. I use 2 step self weeding Imageclip Laser Light. It is very good for light and pastel. No polymer window to worry about.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Just my 2 cents' worth, based on a passing thought. It seems like the opaque papers would be fine for sweatshirts where the heavy hand isn't that noticeable anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dee,

The jetpro ll is really not that bad.... After the wonderful results with the jetpro light the opaque felt like raincoat material.... The design I used was rather large. A soaring eagle that used most of the sheet... I would use it again for smaller designs and definitely for designs that are more open..... Not solid. I was disappointed because it was thicker than jetpro light and the high heat and heavy pressure required left a platen mark on the dark blue 100% poly shirt... I am about to heat press some red shirts but I'm going to use teflon pillows under the design to eliminate the platen mark...I hope I get good results because I really like the process. Embroidery has been very good for me but it too is heavy when the design is large or dense....If you look at scare coats worn by Race car drivers, motorcycle jackets, rodeo shirts, golf shirts they all prefer embroidery but for, sweat a lot sports like tennis, soccer, etc. embroidery is too heavy... Each process has it's use.....

My 2c
Statictoo

Joe M.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts