T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Doing some tests to get the right pressure/temp/time T-Shirts & paper.

I got a sample of this paper and it "kinda" worked. Two days later I used all same kind of paper pressure t-shirts to refine. and paper DID NOT WORK AT ALL !!! I printed a fresh one to see if it needed fresh ink and IT STILL WOULD NOT WORK AT ALL! Would not come off paper and adhere to shirt as it did two days before! It is a new product at Coastal. Has anyone had any experience with this paper?

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
have used it but the problem you may be having is your not pre-pressing the shirt. You need to get the moisture out of the shirt. I did a test shirt today, and I have been doing this awhile, and sure enough I forgot to pre-press and it was a mess. By the way I use "Iron All" for lights it is really a good paper.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
badalou said:
have used it but the problem you may be having is your not pre-pressing the shirt. You need to get the moisture out of the shirt. I did a test shirt today, and I have been doing this awhile, and sure enough I forgot to pre-press and it was a mess. By the way I use "Iron All" for lights it is really a good paper.
Oh man, that's good news! I bet you are absolutley right! Good place for Iron All? Thanks a zillion! I'll try it! ::::))))

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doby said:
Oh man, that's good news! I bet you are absolutley right! Good place for Iron All? Thanks a zillion! I'll try it! ::::))))
Update...that helped a lot...but a lot still stuck to the paper and not to the shirt. I had more luck actually IRONING it for a while. And that was fair at best. :( Is it the paper or the girl????

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been having the same problem lately! Just one day, out of the blue, it started sticking to the cloth. My settings have been stable for awhile so I'm baffled as to why this is happening. I'm listing all the possible culprits:

1. inkjet printer and ink: OK.
2. pre-heated the cloth to remove mositure: did it but it still happened.
3. heat press (i bought "Knight Press 9x12 swinger" from Coastal): I've always noticed that the plate wasn't completely horizontal but didn't think that was a big deal. The area with the most problem seems to be happening in that area where the plate seems to droop. If the area of print is small (less than 5x7) and centered, it's fine. It seems to happen around the border and it's immediate peripheral before reaching the center.
4. Paper- Jet Lite Paper: can't tell if it's the paper or not.

baffled and annoyed.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I've been having the same problem lately! Just one day, out of the blue, it started sticking to the cloth. My settings have been stable for awhile so I'm baffled as to why this is happening. I'm listing all the possible culprits:

1. inkjet printer and ink: OK.
2. pre-heated the cloth to remove mositure: did it but it still happened.
3. heat press (i bought "Knight Press 9x12 swinger" from Coastal): I've always noticed that the plate wasn't completely horizontal but didn't think that was a big deal. The area with the most problem seems to be happening in that area where the plate seems to droop. If the area of print is small (less than 5x7) and centered, it's fine. It seems to happen around the border and it's immediate peripheral before reaching the center.
4. Paper- Jet Lite Paper: can't tell if it's the paper or not.

baffled and annoyed.
as a former user of the Geo (Mistake #1) It is hard to get it perfectly flat.. If you have any seams that could get in the way that could be a problem. Try the new paper Jet Pro sofstretch. I never liked any of the old jet lite papers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the info re: "Geo." I guess it's not fixable, huh? Perhaps time for an upgrade…
Which press and vendor do you recommend?

much thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts