T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using a photoez stencil (high res) with the black Jacquard ink on white shirts and it's turned out great! The ink is nice and smooth. I tried, for the first time today, using the white ink (#119 Super Opaque White) on a black shirt. The white is considerably thicker and it didn't cover completely (gave it more of a distressed look, rather). I think it's too thick for the screen. I tried stirring it a bit, but it didn't really help much. Any suggestions on the best way to thin the ink? Should I just add water? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Also, I think it's even so thick that some of the paint is stuck in the screen. :(

Thanks!

·
Administrator
14,174 Posts
Your screen rez is too high. The white ink is thicker because of the extra pigment which makes it opaque. So you have to give it more space to get to the shirt. Use photoez's standard rez stencil instead.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought some Jacquard Opaque White from my store downtown and they guy there said that almost everybody has to add a few drops of water to the ink since it's so thick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts