T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting back into sublimation after a 5 year hiatus basically. I'm using an RJ 900 with J Teck subly ink and Wasatch RIP software. I went to reorder the black from Coastal Business, and found that they only offer Absolute black and the old black is no longer made. I guess I'm just looking for suggestions on how to proceed. Coastal recommended I contact Wasatch for info on updates to the icc profile. I don't think they'll do that because I don't have a service subscription. I haven't had to change a thing in Wasatch since I bought it over a decade ago. Any advice?

Registered
One other thought. Ink does not last forever. Might be wise to replace all your colors, not just the black, and manually clean out the lines, head, whatever has had ink setting in it for 5 years (if you left it inked-up). I've had sublimation ink go bad in a bit over a year ... then no choice but to manually clean everything out and hope for the best. Permanently lost one nozzle on the head.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
isn't black, black? 馃檪

Try it, maybe no adjustments are needed.

And why isn't Coastal offering profiles on ink they sell. Why is a subscription necessary?
Evidently there's more to black than I thought..not sure if black and absolute black are the same. It's Wasatch that requires a support subscription , but I was also wondering why coastal didn't offer any support other than a shrug

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One other thought. Ink does not last forever. Might be wise to replace all your colors, not just the black, and manually clean out the lines, head, whatever has had ink setting in it for 5 years (if you left it inked-up). I've had sublimation ink go bad in a bit over a year ... then no choice but to manually clean everything out and hope for the best. Permanently lost one nozzle on the head.
Thanks, I'm not exactly sure how old the ink is I have. It might be almost a year old, the printers been used intermittently. Seems to be ok so far lol think I got lucky

1 - 5 of 5 Posts