T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ok, I'm planning on ordering enough silk-screen prints from ProWorld to get their deal on the press. I'm on a TIGHT budget, trying to get started in this business ($550 for that order, 600 for shirts). I'm already going "against the grain" by getting USA MADE shirts, I've read the posts and they seem to going against the company's rhinestone prints.
HOW ABOUT their silk screen prints,,,,anyone?
How many should I expect to ruin before getting it down pat? I had fully expected to ruin 4-5 to start with(gonna use old shirts????) I cannot afford to lose many USA shirts @ $5 a pop, so I was thinking that I would "have the hang of it" after 4 or 5. Am I being realistic or naive??
Is it certain prints that people have problems with?
After hours of searching, I have not found another company with the variety NOR the price.
Please message me, if you have any other tips or you think I am messing up.

·
Registered
549 Posts
If you need practice then take one of the transfers
and cut it into smaller pieces. Use a scrap shirt
that hasn't been washed and get your pressure and
heat correct.

Make sure you Pre-heat your lower platten after
your press gets to the proper temperature.

You will find that a good infrared laser point
thermometer comes in handy to make sure
you are at an even temperature across the element.

·
Registered
139 Posts
So, the element does not heat up evenly, wow, I was wondering why every place that sells presses sold them also.
And, I need to practice on an UN-washed shirt is another good tip, I didn't think it would make a diference if it had been washed or not.
THANK YOU very much.

·
Registered
10,808 Posts
Mark. I have to disagree with Ed slightly. You might want to use a laser heat gun only if you are having a problem. Most all heat presses will have some slight variance in temperature throughout the heating element, even those that cost considerably more. Also, I see no problem in using a washed, or unwashed shirt. Pre pressing the shirt is always a good idea to remove any moisture and get a smooth service for the transfer application. We are always here to help.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks Ed, I'm hoping to place my order in about 8 days. Learning alot, reading till I get headaches, LOL :) I figure it's about like anything else, you have to do it to reallly learn it, but all the info I'm picking up is going to be VERY useful. I am really, REALLY getting excited about getting started. I'm not planning on making a living (to start with) but to supplement my construction business income. Still, it's exciting starting a new project.
Once again, thanks :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
OMG I was just about to order a heat press and was looking at the transfers. But if customer service is going to be rude I will go else where. There are too many out there that want to sell and will go out of the way for good customer service. Thanks for posting and letting us know...

·
Registered
10,808 Posts
I hope that you will not allow that one negative post last July to alter your thinking about purchasing from us. I offered to discuss the problem but this customer did not respond to my request. We have 1000's of customers who purchase from us regularly and we strive for superior customer service. I hope that you will 'give us a try'. If you would like to send me a PM, anytime, I will respond promptly.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I bought a press and a bunch transfers from them. I could not get the transfers to stick like they should. After ruining dozens of transfers, countless old and some new shirts, spending hours on this forum and talking to ALOT of people, I bought a laser thermometer, only to find out that the press has a BIG difference in temperature throughout the heat platen. After talking to Ed several more times, he begrudgingly sent me a packing slip to ship the press back (for either repair or replacing). I, however, do not want to go without my press for a month or however long it would take to get it back. Besides, according to their website, they do not sell or stock the press I bought.
Apparently, when they "check out" or "inspect" their machines, they DO NOT check for even heating, which is VERY necessary for the plastisol transfers. I am currently using it to press my own transfers I make with an Epson printer, which is more forgiving, and last a LOT longer.

·
Registered
10,808 Posts
Mark. Unfortunately, we had a negative experience with the Microtec heat presses that we thought would be an 'upgraded' addition to our budget heat press selection. Because the importer of Microtec is in California there would have been a 2-3 week time frame of making a return and then sending it back to you. I sincerely apologize if you thought my conversations with you were begrudging. I hope that I will be forgiven I also was not aware that the heat press was not returned.
Tomorrow (Monday) I am sending you a brand new TransPro 15x15 model at no charge. I hope that this will solve the problem of the transfers not applying properly. There is no need to return the Microtec. Whether you continue to purchase from us, or not, I hope we can have an amicable relationship. Ed

·
Registered
906 Posts
I know this was mentioned earlier but again all presses (cheap and top of the line) have inconsistent heating on the platen, that's why it's important to allow it to heat up at least 20 min before you start pressing, the heat will stabilize across the platen after the propper warm up time

·
Registered
5 Posts
After I have read how many people are happy with your company I will give your company a chance. It was not fair to judge you from just one negative person. I will be ordering tranfers from you all and also hoping to purchase a heat press soon. Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am relatively new to the business and I have purchased from ProWorld three times (stock screen printed transfers) and I am just about to make my first custom transfer order.
My experience with this company has been nothing but excellent. Yes I have ruined a few transfers, but I know in myself that it is because of me, not the transfers.
Out of all the excellent service whether it be the quality product or customer service it isn't the best thing about ProWorld.
I love these guys because they ship internationally (Australia) and not a huge amount of companies do that any more so well done ProWorld and anyone that is thinking about purchasing from them should.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This company could better satisfy customers like me. I will tell you how, I'm a difficult customer, I have an Armed Forces Pacific address. Customers like me will look at a shipping information section first when they want to buy. They also, check if APO/Armed Forces is listed as a shipping address on the site. I have done both, under shipping information there is no disclaimer for Armed Forces, you could appear military friendly listing something in that section even if it's "We dont ship or shipping may vary due to using a different carrier or contact customer support". You do list your default carriers which is helpful on finding shipping information. My problem I picked everything out registered and now I get a message saying you won't ship, can you find a different shipping carrier that can accommodate buyers like me. I'm sure this is the first time you have had a customer with this problem and I know you will be able to help, I do have a $450 order, I hope this is sizable enough for you to go through the trouble.

·
Registered
10,808 Posts
Our understanding is that an APO is a military post office. Therefore, we are limited by the weight and size restrictions that the postal system sets forth for shipments to these facilities. If you know of any other options we will be pleased to make accommodations. Please email us at service[USER=133086]@Pro[/USER]worldinc.com.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have since recieved my new press from Proworld and it is working properly. I would like to thank Ed and his team for their service. They sent me a "bargain press" free of charge and told me to keep my other one. I will be continuing my purchasing from them and want to say to anyone out there to PLEASE ignore any negative posts you might read and give these guys a try.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been doing rhinestone tees for a couple of months now. I've bought all of my rhinestone transfers from Pro World. I was shorted on the first order but after calling, they immediately corrected it without question. I have placed three orders since then and have had nothing but the greatest service. I just placed an order a few minutes ago and will continue to do so so long as I continue to receive this level of excellent service from them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh no......I am completely new at the heat transfer and just placed a large order with ProWorld.
I have an embroidery company and have always had great service from all my suppliers. Our customers come back for not only the quality products and workmanship but because we treat them with all the respect and go out of our way to provide assistance. I know who keeps me in business, my customers!!
I hope ProWorld does the same. I plan on being a very good customer of someones.

21 - 40 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.