T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
yes we do! we have been doing applique for many years now. Looks great!. the gentelman that was in the other video said a 50% indent for the tack down is that correct?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have both a heat press and embroidery machine. I do not, however, have the capability to set up my own satin stitch file for applique. Is there a way around this issue?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
yes we do! we have been doing applique for many years now. Looks great!. the gentelman that was in the other video said a 50% indent for the tack down is that correct?
That is the default value that we use in our Twill Stitch Pro Plus program. I am confirming this with a few of our resident experts and will reply back. I will say that the customer stressed the importance of the stitch density for improved results.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have both a heat press and embroidery machine. I do not, however, have the capability to set up my own satin stitch file for applique. Is there a way around this issue?
2 Options...

1. Email art to upload [at] stahlsid.com with the subject line Rip-Away Applique. We will return email with an art charge quote.

2. Purchase Twill Stitch Pro Plus and begin creating own satin stitch files: TwillStitchPro PLUS Software | Stahls

Both of these options will be detailed in our upcoming webinar on Thursday, sign up here: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/441332777

·
Registered
740 Posts
I will give it a try I love doing combo jobs with different materials. I have 2 embroidery machines and 3 heat presses.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
As promised, here is a link to request a free sample of Glitter Flake to try the new Stahls' Rip-Away Applique™. Note that you must own an embroidery machine and a heat press to qualify for the sample.
The first 100 respondents get the sample. Thanks!

Free sample link: Stahls' Rip-Away Applique™

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Josh, what plans for other fabrics besides the glitter? I would really like to see colored twills that would tear away like this.
I agree and believe this is the tip of the iceberg. Right now we are confident in Glitter Flake. We have had initial success with Thermo-FILM and 3M Reflective as well, but need to go through the battery of tests before there is a formal recommendation.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts