T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honest, I did check under the frame before I press the GO button. (three times in fact) Now after having stitched 2 consecutive shirts to their backs....I am sure that this material has mind of its own and keeps sliding under the hoop to meet up with the front. Wonder why it never does it when I am watching? :( frustrated Ed

· Registered
927 Posts
Re: It's not my fault!!!

Try doing it twice...back to back on Halloway Letterman jackets..........I quickly learned to roll and tape the excess to the hoop.

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

A way to stop those sneaky shirts from sliding under the hoop and getting sewn to themselves.
Attach a small diameter elastic cord ( the type used to hold tent poles together) to the right hand side of he hoop where it is attached to the machine, thread it through the garment then wind it gently around the hoop adjustment knob twice. Takes only 3 seconds to have peace of mind. No excess pressure is put on any part of the machine . Works for me... shame I have already ruined 2 shirts before my mind clicked in. (who says men are slow) happy stitching Ed

· Registered
687 Posts

Sometimes you need to sew the garment upside down and flip the design. I find that when I do sleeves it is better to put it on from the neck opening.
Another thing that you can do is after you hit the start button and the shirt moves into position, hit the stop button and check to make sure that material hasn't slipped under the hoop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.