T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Mighty Press came today!!!!! I also received the heat transfers I ordered. I've never done this but I think I'll really enjoy it. What I don't have yet is a pad? and teflon sheet? Not sure exactly why or what I need. I'm going to search the forums and learn as much as I can. I bought a few shirts from Wal-Mart to practice on. They will be mine and my kids to wear. My local supplier (Broder's) won't sell to me till I get a tax ID number. I'm working on getting my bis. license and Tax ID already.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sounds like you are ready to get started!
If you are going to print some of your own designs, Don't forget to mirror(flip) the image. I was too eager to get started!
Good luck.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks,
I've got a Rt 66 tourist info center that will carry some of our stuff. I have a pop up canopy, table and chairs to use at events such as car shows, fairs, flea markets and so on. If it works out, I'd like to buy a vendor trailer and sell at bigger events. Right now we'll have to make the shirts before and hope they sell. Later we'll have The transfers on display . People will pick out which one they want. We'll make it for them while they wait with whatever shize and color shirt they want. That cuts down on inventory needed. I talked to a vendor at the Mobil One Ford challenge and he said he sells 1300 to 1500 shirts in one weekend.

My wife wants to put a booth at "Tour De Donut" July 7 and 8. It is a bicycle race here in Staunton. It grows every year. It's 10 miles or so. There is "pit stops" along the way where they serve donuts. For very one you eat it shaves time off you total. They have and overall winner and an adjusted time winner. This year they are adding a rib cook off and bands on main street the night before. It should be alot of fun.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
You seem to be on your way and I enjoy hearing excitement in a new business owners voice. I do auto events in Texas, a couple a month. First lesson to learn...negotiate the price of your vendor space!!!! Second lesson...dont forget you need electricity unless you have a generator. Third lesson...no matter how busy your booth gets...you physically can only produce so much product in a given 5- 6 hour event. Forth lesson...pre-made point of sale inventory is a must to ease the burden of lesson three. The vendor that is selling 1500 shirts is probably screenprinting or has made event shirts in numbers. I know several that screenprint onsight with event designs...they even start with pre-made inventory. I do custom heatpress vinyl and work very hard. I carry about 100 premade custom designs for folks to either pick up and buy or get the imagination flowing. Screenprinting the most popular products is our next step. The more point of sale product you have...the less time you will spend with your back turned hanging over that press and the more cash you will make. If you have any show questions just ask. Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Dennis you can go to Presentation products and buy without a license. The ship from six locations. I order in Pa. but I live in California and get my delivery in 2 days and they have great prices also and volume discounts. after you get your license then you have other options. I now use San Mar now for some selections. I get their delivery in one day..
Lou Robin
Click link
http://presentation-products-solutions.com/index.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts